How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor?

/ How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor? #1  

ChuckTX

Tractor
John Deere 5055E
I have a John Deere 5055E tractor. I want to give this thingy a try but I could not figure out the NPT size. Are they standard? How would I measure it properly?

I found some info on the web but it looks like NPT is for threaded designs. Quick coupler is not threaded, as far as I know.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thank you!

/ How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor? #2  
I have a John Deere 5055E tractor. I want to give this thingy a try but I could not figure out the NPT size. Are they standard? How would I measure it properly?

I found some info on the web but it looks like NPT is for threaded designs. Quick coupler is not threaded, as far as I know.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thank you!
NPT stands for national pipe thread. The quick coupler is threaded onto the hose, either directly or with some sort of adapter, elbow, etc. in between. The description of that tool has a diagram with the dimensions of each size. Pick the one that matches your fittings the closest and you'll know which size you have.

/ How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor? #3  
Actually measure the area where the (pipe/hose) threads are showing on coupler(s) and then get correct size jaws on clamp....

Screenshot 2024-01-15 195309.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-15 200811.jpg

Last edited:
   / How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor? #4  
I have a JD 5055E and use 1/2" couplers. As was mentioned, the 1/2" is the thread size for the coupler, but that also seems to determine the rest of the dimensions of the coupler. Check out the size and types of coupler on:

Quick connect sizes

/ How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor? #5  
P.S. Most of my equipment uses 3/8" hoses, but some use 1/4" hoses so I use an adapter to change from the hose size to the coupler size.

/ How Do You Find the NPT Size for a Tractor?
I have a JD 5055E and use 1/2" couplers. As was mentioned, the 1/2" is the thread size for the coupler, but that also seems to determine the rest of the dimensions of the coupler. Check out the size and types of coupler on:

Quick connect sizes
Awesome, thanks a lot! I got another confirmation from the dealer that JD 5055E has 1/2" couplers. I ordered the product and will test it once it arrives. If it is the correct size, I will report back for future reference.