How close are you to a “Local” dealer?

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #31  
I have a Kubota and have two dealers that are 30 miles away. One to the se, the other to the west. I bought my tractor from a dealer 90 miles away as they were the closest dealer that had the tractor I wanted in stock.
We also have,
JD-10 miles
LS-20 miles
NH-25 miles
MF-25 miles

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #32  
Only 12.6 miles one way sure is handy when in need.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #33  
JD is 5 miles
Case IH is 5.5 miles
AGCO is 15 miles
Kubota (2) are 30 miles in opposite directions
Massey, Mahindra and others are 50 miles+ and not on my radar
It would have to be a HECK of a deal to travel farther.

Last edited:
   / How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #34  
Orange is at the end of my road green and blue are about 15 miles away in the same township case red is over 100 miles Massey is about 75 I don’t count mahindra or ls. They are about 20 miles. I don’t know that they have ever sold anything as everything on the lot is faded and rusty

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #35  
John Deere and Kubota about 8 miles. The Kubota dealer also sells CaseIH in larger ag sized equipment. I think any thing other than JD and Kubota is over 60 mikes away.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #37  
Everything in my area I measure by time of travel. A mile can take you an hour, sometimes. :)

One of my dealers closed a while back. 45 minutes away. The one I am dealing with now 45 minutes to 1 hour away. Next Kubota dealer, 2 hours 20 minutes away. Nearest John Deere, 30 minutes away. JD use to be a mom and pop shop, they got bought out by a larger corporation.

2 (two) hour travel times are the norm for most everything here, either one way or round trip. FedEX and UPS are our friends. LOL.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #38  
My JD dealer is 4 miles away and the Kubota dealer is 6 miles away.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #39  
I see recommendations to always buy from a “Local” dealer. How close are you to your local dealer? I am rural. The closet dealers to me is a Green dealer and an Orange dealer, they are 98 miles away. My tractor is a CNH and the closest dealer is 161 miles away.

How local is “local”?
The Kubota dealer I've been dealing with for years now is 30 miles from here but they drop off consumable parts like filters and such here at the farm for me. There is a TYM (Branson) dealer up town 3 miles from here and the JD dealer is 10 miles away. There is another Kubota dealer 15 miles distant but I don't go there and the CNH dealer is 35 miles from here as well. We live and farm in a concentrated ag area.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #40  
Kioti dealer is about 5 miles away. I have to drive past the Kioti store every time I go to the grocery store another five miles up the road. Good inventory and they have mobile service.

Deere is maybe 12 -15 miles away in the other direction.

Kubota and Mahindra, along with another Deere branch (same franchisee as the closer Deere store) are 100-110 miles away.

TYM dealer 10 miles away closed his doors maybe five years ago. I think the closest TYM outlet is probably ~165 miles away now.

LS is around 140 miles away, I think.