How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)?

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #21  
As much as I like Yanmar, if I were making a living off of my tractors I wouldn't buy one that didn't have a good established local dealer either. I would be buying a Kubota, JD or Massey with a good dealer nearby.

I happen to have a very good Yanmar dealer within 45 minutes and I don't make a living off my tractor.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #22  
After owning a Yanmar, I would drive over 150 miles to buy another one. ;)
Not me. Both my Kubota M9's have been trouble free over the years I've owned them and they are very frugal on fuel consumption as well and at 4000 and 6000 hours respectively, I'd say they are very dependable units. Besides, I don't believe Yanmar produces a unit the size or power, my M9's have.

Far as driving 150 miles to ANY dealer, not in my wheelhouse simply because buying from ANY dealer that far away, if you require dealer intervention on anything, it will cost you dearly.

I only purchase from a local dealer. No long distance love or hate affair here.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #23  
   / How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #24  
When I bought my last 2 tractors they were around 10% under Kubota's MSRP. During covid that was not the case, as stock was limited, allowing dealers to get MSRP. I'm sure there were some dealers pricing well above MSRP but I wasn't shopping at that time.
I suspect the 10% under is more the norm now that things have settled down.

It was really awesome when Kubota partnered with NCHA (National Cutting Horse Association) in giving a 20% discount for tractor and implements.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #25  
Yeah the price jumps are insane. Honestly one of the biggest reasons I’m upgrading significantly now is because in a few years I’ll be priced outta the market.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #26  
So according to Yander a person isn't smart for not looking at a Yanmar?

This is correct! ;) If you have a dealer nearby. When I was shopping for tractors I considered everything that was within an hour. Everything except JD since I knew they were out of my price range. I don't understand guys who know nothing about tractors starting their search by saying I've narrowed it down to these two tractors, when they haven't even sat on one. Just very close mindedness will get you into a crappy situation.

All I'm really sayin, look at them and research them ALL!

@5030 M9
1710892710949.png

Last edited:
   / How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #28  
We bought a brand new Kubota L6060 with a heavy duty box blade, bucket, loader, 3rd function, 3 sets of rear remotes, pallet forks, and a post hole auger all out the door for $45K back in April 2020 which was about 11% under MSRP at the time. Less than a year later we got unexpected orders to move overseas with the military. We are moving back to the states this summer and trying to buy our forever property.

I still have the quotes we received when I bought that L6060 because we were also looking at the M7060, MX6000, and a Kioti Rx7320.

When pricing a new MX6000 on the Kubota website now, they are more than we paid for the L6060 which is unbelievable in 3+ years especially considering that the L6060 was significantly more expensive than the MX6000 and the M7060. I know COVID delays and inflation but are tractor prices really $10K+ more than they were just 3-4 years ago still?

Just wondering what people are seeing for prices if there is a certain % below MSRP that can be expected? When pricing our last the dealers ranged from about 7-11% below msrp and we got quotes from a half dozen dealers in SW Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.

The next Tractor will be depend on the property we end up with but it’s disheartening to see the prices out there on websites. To put it in perspective a new Kioti RX7320 with cab, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes etc. was a little over $40K and now I’m seeing them online at multiple dealers for $49-50K.

I’ve enjoyed my 20 years in the military but once in a while the forced moves are super costly.
Here in Canada in 2010 I bought a new grand L4740 for $32,000 with a loader. It had beautiful cab with all options and the hydro plus transmission and 45 hp.. It was a great machine but in November 2023 it had 4100 hours and the tractor had to be split to fix a seal so I decided to buy a new tractor. I ended up with an L serious L2502 which is 25 hp instead of 47 hp, no cab and the old hydro tranny not the hydro plus tranny. It was like $35,000. Crazy prices. So half the tractor for a higher price. alot of the increase happened in the last few years.

Last edited:
   / How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #29  
We bought a brand new Kubota L6060 with a heavy duty box blade, bucket, loader, 3rd function, 3 sets of rear remotes, pallet forks, and a post hole auger all out the door for $45K back in April 2020 which was about 11% under MSRP at the time. Less than a year later we got unexpected orders to move overseas with the military. We are moving back to the states this summer and trying to buy our forever property.

I still have the quotes we received when I bought that L6060 because we were also looking at the M7060, MX6000, and a Kioti Rx7320.

When pricing a new MX6000 on the Kubota website now, they are more than we paid for the L6060 which is unbelievable in 3+ years especially considering that the L6060 was significantly more expensive than the MX6000 and the M7060. I know COVID delays and inflation but are tractor prices really $10K+ more than they were just 3-4 years ago still?

Just wondering what people are seeing for prices if there is a certain % below MSRP that can be expected? When pricing our last the dealers ranged from about 7-11% below msrp and we got quotes from a half dozen dealers in SW Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.

The next Tractor will be depend on the property we end up with but it’s disheartening to see the prices out there on websites. To put it in perspective a new Kioti RX7320 with cab, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes etc. was a little over $40K and now I’m seeing them online at multiple dealers for $49-50K.

I’ve enjoyed my 20 years in the military but once in a while the forced moves are super costly.
I am kinda seeing the same thing. I bought my JD 3039R back when Covid was starting during the summer of 2020. I have noticed recently that the new ones are substantially higher. Prices on used ones similar to mine are bringing more than I paid for mine new.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #30  
I don't make a living from tractor use, nor do I care about dealer support. I have purchased three clean used Kubota tractors over the years, from different sources- two from private parties and one from a Kubota dealer, and all three were absolutely trouble free and completely lived up to my expectations. I would buy another in a heartbeat. To each his own. At my advanced age, I don't expect to be looking for another tractor.