How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread
Reeder farmers started harvesting wheat in Northeastern Oregon. These guys like Gleaner machines and is a very well made video.

/ How agriculture works thread #634  
Its because mother nature/God is in charge, not us.
Exactly -work with her and do not try to overcome her which is what a lot of farmers do because that is what has been taught. Does Mother Nature ever disrupt the entire soil structure? Does Mother Nature ever leave a bare dirt surface? Does Mother Nature ever have a monoculture?

/ How agriculture works thread #635  
George Saunders loading and carting square bales while testing the new NH T5 Dynamic Command. Also a great shot of the pick up hitch/drawbar right in the beginning.

/ How agriculture works thread #637  
Great video. Been kicking around buying a single row potato harvester from Titan. We hand dig them now and we grow more and more every year and it's getting harder and harder to dig them, the older I get. Excellent potato ground here.

/ How agriculture works thread #638  
Great video. Been kicking around buying a single row potato harvester from Titan. We hand dig them now and we grow more and more every year and it's getting harder and harder to dig them, the older I get. Excellent potato ground here.
Definitely get one. They don't go for a lot of money and it's a time and back saver. It's a lot easier to just pick the potatoes from the ground, instead of having to dig and pick those up.

We used to only plant a little bit of potatoes each year, maybe 12 to 15 rows, about 13 ft long. It was plenty for our consumption and still had to give some away to neighbors but we haven't had much luck in the last couple of years, so we kind of stopped with that.

/ How agriculture works thread
Neat harvesting wheat video made at an unknown location. Are these rear dump grain carts? These headers don't have wheels on them? Having worked on and in combines, I always get a kick out of these clean looking operations. One of the dirtiest jobs I've ever been in. 😅

/ How agriculture works thread #640  
Definitely get one. They don't go for a lot of money and it's a time and back saver. It's a lot easier to just pick the potatoes from the ground, instead of having to dig and pick those up.

We used to only plant a little bit of potatoes each year, maybe 12 to 15 rows, about 13 ft long. It was plenty for our consumption and still had to give some away to neighbors but we haven't had much luck in the last couple of years, so we kind of stopped with that.
Always giving them away to friends. We hang them in the root cellar after drying off, in mesh sacks for the winter. About every meal has some sort of potato dish included. This year we are growing Red Pontiacs, Kennebec and Yukon Golds which are my favorite. Big nemesis here are potato leaf hoppers but this year there are none (hard on the alfalfa too). My issue is, I'll have to purchase a CUT to pull it, my M9's are to big to maneuver in the garden. Yes they are a PITA to hand dig.