hose protection

/ hose protection #1  

TechJ

Tractor
Kubota L2600
I'm running some additional hydraulic lines and want to put the hose sleave/protector over the lines.

Any ideas as to where to buy the stuff?

/ hose protection #2  
Most any good hydraulic shop that makes hoses will have anti-abrasion sleeve. They sell it by the foot. Check your Yellow Pages for a local guy.

We picked some up from Summers.

/ hose protection #4  
This has been my experience;

General protection can be accommodated by the per-foot nylon type sleeve material. In areas where there may be more aggressive abrasion, you can use the hard poly, yet semi flexible, guards supplied by various manufactures. These can be "pinned" or "wrapped around" the line to prevent excessive contact. The ones I have used came in a semi-curved state, and you could cut, trim them for various applications. It is hard to explain what they look like, but you see them a lot in "pinch" areas on skid steers.

/ hose protection #5  
check with your local fire department for some obsolete fire hose. It works great for running hoses in and can save you from hot oil if one bursts.

/ hose protection #6  
try mcmaster carr's web site look up hydraulic hose mesh, they have great selection and fast shipping. I get my deliveries nest day normal ups here in ct.

/ hose protection #7  
I did all the hoses on my Mahindra loader when new with poly wire looming that I bought from my auto parts store. I paid $15 for a 50 ft. roll. I used plastic cable ties to cinch the ends at the hydraulic fittings. After 4 years and 850 hours of heavy use, I've had zero hose failures and no signs of wear. Was the best preventative maintenance I've done and took maybe 45 minutes to do the whole tractor/loader. You can get the looming in different diameters, it is split so goes on easily.