Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks

/ Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #1  

JD2210MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Look what I snapped photos of.... the Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks!
My dealer just got two of them in (One is already sold). I am still trying to get the best deal on them for my Deere 2210 or I will have to wait until the price of steal comes down. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
If he can't come down on the price I will see how much for just the back support and I would build my own forks. I want them to taper a little more. They are using an enclosed tube not C channel. More taper to me means... more easily able to pick up odd objects.

Attachments

• 653855-LD35_horst_forks_1s.jpg
    653855-LD35_horst_forks_1s.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 643
   / Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks
Second picture.

Attachments

• 653857-LD35_horst_forks_2s.jpg
    653857-LD35_horst_forks_2s.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 506
Third picture. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 653858-LD35_horst_forks_3s.jpg
    653858-LD35_horst_forks_3s.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 478
And finally... the fouth photo!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 653859-LD35_horst_forks_4s.jpg
    653859-LD35_horst_forks_4s.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 432
   / Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #5  
The thing that jumps out to me is that there is no way to keep the spacing set. I used a set of Berlon forks that would not stay put and it was quite frustrating in rough conditions, especially when not level ground...

I also prefer solid tines.

/ Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #6  
The heavier duty Horst forks are fixed type. They can be frustrating trying to get under stuff on uneven ground.

/ Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #7  
I have a set of Horst Forks and I'm not real impressed with them. The backing plate is a good set up but as stated the forks don't stay put, they vibrate sideways when driving along, slide when on uneven ground and can bend when used on larger compact tractors. I have not seen the HD model but think they would have a good product if they had solid forks that were fixable.

David

/ Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #8  
I haven't seen the Virnig forks in person,but if they are 1/2 as high quality as their skelton rock bucket that I have.

www.virnigmfg.com Under Compact Tractor attachments.

If I had easy access to steel, I would consider building my own in the little amount of spare time I have. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They look so simple and back when I had access to the supplies and tools... I could have done it in a day or two. If my dealer will give me the right price, I think they will be good enough VS. time spent to build them. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I do think I will eventually pick up some solid tapered forks and install them... instead of those tubular that come with it. My dealer has been so swamped with tractor sales (from farmers who need them ASAP) that he has graciously asked me to give him some time. That is giving me time to think too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Horst Welding LD35 Pallet forks #10  
The light duty model isn't rated at much. The bigger models are very rugged. I'll get some pics when mine come in.