Horse can dance too!

/ Horse can dance too! #11  
Enjoy very much. (y)

/ Horse can dance too! #12  
Horses are amazing smart. Our dressage Holsteiner Remi I had to put three locks on both outside and inside stall doors.
Stable is kept locked.
How she lifted the latch is beyond me...then she did that and the hook which we now tie in place.
She can't reach through the bars.View attachment 689219View attachment 689220View attachment 689221View attachment 689222
That's funny you should post that; brings to mind a conversation I had with my Dad. He was born in the early 1900's, and farmed with horses. He even rode to school on a horse. I made the comment one time, that it must have been fun growing up in that time, riding and working with horses.

His reply: "He11 no. Horses are stupid, and if you aren't smarter than them and watch what you're doing, they will kill you. Tractors are the best thing that ever happened to farming".

When we first got married over 50 years ago, our hometown paper used to re-print editions that went back 100 years. It seemed there was always something about a local who was severely injured or killed by a horse.

Sorry for straying off course...

/ Horse can dance too! #13  
My great-grandfather had a surrey, I was told "upscale" for late 1800s. Going to Sunday church they had to cross RR tracks. One morning their Morgan wouldn't cross, so he beat her...still wouldn't budge. All at once a runaway train car went flying past.
Horse knew the danger, they didn't.
We've never had trouble except "Chief" stepped on my foot yesterday!
An accident, too anxious getting to feed bucket.
My guess is years ago horses were of course worked harder, and with that and frustration comes accidents and horses are stupid since they won't do what I want right now.

/ Horse can dance too! #14  
Lovely video & thanks for sharing.

Excellent horseman too... no horse is 'bombproof' but trust in the rider is tantamount. If the rider is calm & confident the horse will sense & 'feel' that through the 'seat'.

(y)
Few animals (me included) are comfortable with "unknowns" behind them.

That's what really struck me about the backup exit at the end of the vid - really underlined how much confidence the horse has in the rider.

Rgds, D.

/ Horse can dance too! #15  
...And with two left feet...! (er hooves)...

/ Horse can dance too! #16  
Nice share.. The horse is probably Catholic so he’s also likely drunk. He pees in the street like the humans at the parade!

My dad is retired NOPD. One of his side gigs was as a uniformed presence in a bank downtown. He’d see some of the street performers bringing stacks of cash to be deposited.

/ Horse can dance too! #17  
I had a horse for 30 years that I rode, trained and could do most of anything. Riding in Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans requires a lot out of a horse such as a police horse requires. I always admired the police riders who would take the time out to mingle with the crowds in New Orleans in an effort improve public relations between the police and the public.

One police horse can do more to defuse a situation than 10 cops on patrol and I only wish we were able to have more of them in the French Quarter for people to admire and respect.

/ Horse can dance too! #18  
It was many, many years ago when my wife and I were down on Bourbon Street and a pair of officers on horses (and I assume rubber horse shoes) were very quietly patrolling the area. And then some idiot stabbed one of the horses under his belly with what I think was a pocket knife and took off running. He wasn't fast enough to escape. But a police car with red lights and siren and pulling a horse trailer arrived pretty soon and took the stabbed horse away. I don't think the horse was seriously injured, but never found out for sure.