3-Point Hitch Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch

/ Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch #31  
MaJYk
Those pics show the function of the "joint" very well. Shows where it pivots, and how it will hold the frame upright for connection to the iMatch. Then how the pivot slides in the slots to allow the front pin to ramp up and fold the joint upwards. Thanks for the pics.

I like the big boom hoist holding up the cutter with the big hook in the middle pic. :D

Yeah, I thought it was on the hook too initially.

Anyway, looks like that cutter will pivot pretty good in both directions...not as far as bennthere's chain, but quite adequate for most work.
So, I think Rad1956 should have his answer.

Thanks for the pictures, MaJYk!!

/ Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch #32  
Considering the top hydraulic link appears to be fully extended that is quite alot of angle. If you needed more tilt the toplink could be retracted looking at the second pic.

/ Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch
Up date ---- there was plenty of play in.the set up as is! Thanks all for your input!

/ Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch #34  
Rad
Good to hear. :)

/ Hooking up a Rotary Mower to a JD Quick Hitch #35  
Know I'm replying to an old thread here -- but mowing for the first time with my new John Deere I bent the straps on the mower (didn't know how little these things float). So that sent me in search of a better way. +1 on the chains. My old mower has a chain, and never had any problems with it. I'll be converting my new John Deere mower to a 2 chain system like beenthere did.

Only problem is with the pivot point where the bottom pins hold the A frame. Does anybody know an easy way to convert those so they don't wear into the mower parts as the deck pivots? I'm thinking I could drill out the holes to install wear bushings...or maybe just put a couple greased washers?