Honey...look what followed me home

/ Honey...look what followed me home #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I just petted it a little and it wouldn't go away. Can I keep it? P_L_E_A_S_E . . . .:D:D:D

Attachments

• Splitter-01.jpg
    Splitter-01.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 575
  • Splitter-02.jpg
    Splitter-02.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 777
  • Splitter-03.jpg
    Splitter-03.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 437
   / Honey...look what followed me home #2  
OK, but you're going to have to clean up after it!

/ Honey...look what followed me home #4  
Nice. But now it's going to need a place to sleep.

If you bring in enough "strays," you'll have to build that barn you've been talking about. Is this part of the strategy? LOL

Eddie

/ Honey...look what followed me home
Nice. But now it's going to need a place to sleep.

If you bring in enough "strays," you'll have to build that barn you've been talking about. Is this part of the strategy? LOL

Eddie

That's funny Eddie.:) I knew it was supposed to be raining today by about noon and also that the weathermen often make mistakes. I backed the splitter into my lean-to barn last night and dropped it on a pallet instead of waiting until this morning. Sure enough, it's raining buckets outside right now. I obviously did the right thing.

Yesterday morning, I used my Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener to sharpen the chain for my Stihl model 021, 16" saw. I also used a small flat file to trim my depth gages down a bit. After I put the chain back on the saw, Kathy and I went out and cut some deadwood trees. I used the grapple to hold the trees at optimum cutting height and lopped off 18" pieces with the saw. The saw worked better than new.:D It went through that cured oak like it was nothing. I even let Kathy make a few cuts and she loved it. The 021 is light enough that she easily handled it.

After cutting the logs, I backed the splitter up next to the pile and we started splitting. With my tractor's 9 gpm flow, it was the perfect speed for splitting and in short order we had the Mule piled high with split wood. The nice thing about this splitter is it can handle logs up to 16" diameter. We had several like that and had plenty of power to do the job. The cutting wedge is tall enough to split big logs in one pass. Having the right tools is so nice.:)

/ Honey...look what followed me home #6  
Quote: Having the right tools is so nice.

You got that right!!!

I got one this Aug running off a PTO pump. LOVE IT!!!

A few hours of splitting and 4 cords stacked up ready for winter!! It's been a great year and my back isn't sore from splitting wood!:D

So I take it the wifey was just as happy with the addition....;)

/ Honey...look what followed me home #7  
yeah, but will it crack pecans!!

Where was ya at when you 1st petted it? leave any behind?

/ Honey...look what followed me home #8  
I use a slighly different approach with my wife. I mention something a few times and point out its utility, getting the thought in her mind and then I buy it, like the pole building I am having built next week.

It is a nice, tight, small rig. I hope it will meet your needs. It looks like splitting big stuff would be a problem. I built my own beastly rig pictured below. I do find the table top invaluable.

Log-splitter.jpg

/ Honey...look what followed me home #9  
:D:DEddie would the barn be to house the equipment of for him to live instead? Like an upgrade from the dog house. LOL

/ Honey...look what followed me home #10  
You try it and sucess Jim,I try it and get the look..still no BH :( ..sooo what else did you do or say. ;)

Congrats.