Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone?

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #21  
MEH. IF the only "truck stuff" you do is run to Lowe's and pick up a washing machine or help a friend move from a 1 bedroom apartment sure. Otherwise, I'm taxing my F150 EcoBoost with tow package as it is sometimes....reducing the towing capacity and payload by about half would leave me with what I would consider a very incapable truck - for doing "truck stuff".

For the people who just want to use a truck as a daily driver (and I'm in that bunch - I drive my truck as much as my car even when 0% chance of "truck stuff" involved), looks like lots of family vehicle creature comforts and neat features. Seems more capable for some stuff with the bed and towing capacity that it would fit nicely if a medium SUV wouldn't cut it, but you don't want the cost and gas mileage of a full sized truck.

But I wouldn't compare it directly to a Ford, Ram, or Chevy 1/4 ton truck. Compared to something like a Ranger or Colorado I would bet it shines.

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #22  
Compared to something like a Ranger or Colorado I would bet it shines.
Not for truck duties according to the reviews......

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone?
Edmunds gives it a 4.5 out of 5

https://www.edmunds.com/honda/ridgeline/2019/

Drawbacks are no low range 4wd and tow rating drops to 3500 with front wheel drive...

Fit, Finish, Handling, Ride are reported superior...

It is never going to be a super duty... but I have never owned a super duty or diesel pickup... just my 91 Silverado and the biggest I tow with it is my 7k trailer with it... which would be too much for the Ridgeline.

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #24  
   / Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone?
The Honda RTL-E in the test was priced as a high end model and the Chevrolet priced as a lower end LT which accounts from some of the price variation...

The Colorado with a 7k tow capacity means it would cover all of the popular trailers with two 3500 lb axles...

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #26  
I test drove a new 2018 AWD. Very quiet ride and has get up and go. The storage and the swing open tailgate impressed me. It's fits the market for the suburbanites who want the ability to carry stuff home from home depot. I fit that category when I'm home. At the ranch, I have an F250 7.3 diesel guzzler for pulling trailers.

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #27  
That and the avalanche is the ugliest truck I’ve seen in my life. I wouldn’t drive one if it was free.
The new ones look like a truck. Not the old design.

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #28  
I would! Where do I sign up for a free one?
I hated the old ones, but like the new one. I love my pilots, and they are the same frame. I would rather have a pilot.

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #29  
There's a lot of people out there that like the features of the Ridgeline-perfect as others have said for the appliance hauled home, while enjoying car like ride. They aren't TBNers-hauling yards of mulch, gravel, firewood nor towing 5-15k trailers.
I'd probably consider one if I lived on a half acre home in the suburbs or small village.

Will

/ Honda Ridgeline Pickup anyone? #30  
Since buying my new crew cab LTZ 2500HD in Feb 2017, I've put 9500 miles on it. I won't drive it unless I have to tow 5000 lbs or more. In that time span, I have put 30,000 on my 07 Avalanche. The Avy is way nicer to drive, and is ready to haul or tow anytime I need.

20141124_162953.jpeg20180717_102239.jpeg20151028_190946.jpeg