Honda EU3000 generator

/ Honda EU3000 generator #11  
Don't run well on water. Problem with stale ethanol. Fuel lines are probably gummy too. Time for Tygon fuel lines. They don't degrade.

Take the carb apart and soak it in Berryman's B12 Chem tool. Tell the owner to add Marine Stabil (blue) to the fuel. Makes it last longer. I have a similar Champion but it has a fuel shutoff and I use it.
Tygon shrinks and get stiff and brittle over time. And I will not use Stabil due to the issues with residue when it goes bad. Supposed to stabilize fuel for up to 2 years, but the product expires 2 years from opening.

/ Honda EU3000 generator #12  
Ive been using stable marine for something like 20 years. Have never had any issues.. never.

/ Honda EU3000 generator
Update with clean carb and fresh water free gas it now starts and runs. Still very surprised by the low 60 PSI compression while turning over with electric starter. Will recheck this after it runs for awhile to see if it changes.

Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

/ Honda EU3000 generator #14  
Good old Honda's. When they don't start, most likely an indication that there is som6wrong with the fuel.

/ Honda EU3000 generator
Ran unit 30 minutes with my 3/8” drill plugged in so light load. Rechecked compression and little to no change at 60 - 65 PSI when at operating temp.

/ Honda EU3000 generator #16  
I think those "auto decompress" when starting.

SR