Homelite?

/ Homelite? #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I have had two Homelite Rangers that I used for limbing, brushcutting, etc. (don't like the Stihl for that). They have both been stolen. I couldnt find another. All I could find was a 38cc 16" that appears similar. It has some weird device on the side for making quick chain adjustments w/o using a wrench. I know Homelite isn't top end, but I really liked these saws for light work. This one just feels "different" I can't really describe it. Anyone else feel this way?

/ Homelite? #2  
I have an old model 120. I, too, like the way it handles and the light weight of it. I hope it lasts longer than I do!

/ Homelite? #3  
In the far past I had a Homolite XL-2 with two triggers. Lovely balanced little saw that wore out well before its time. If the same saw came on the market today it would be a serious contender for my dollar as they handled so nice and were light.:D

/ Homelite? #4  
In the far past I had a Homolite XL-2 with two triggers. Lovely balanced little saw that wore out well before its time. If the same saw came on the market today it would be a serious contender for my dollar as they handled so nice and were light.:D
Same here. I have 2 XLs and an XL2. Ive never worn one out. I always seem to break the case by some accident or another about every 10yrs. Only one case left. Ive always been dissatisfied with all attempts to replace them. Do you still have the case??
larry

/ Homelite? #5  
In the far past I had a Homolite XL-2 with two triggers. Lovely balanced little saw that wore out well before its time.
* If the same saw came on the market today it would be a serious contender for my dollar as they handled so nice and were light.:D
* homelite is not the saw it used to be.
When mine wore out after 30 or 35 years I replaced it with a nice Stihl which I also like.
L . B .