Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #1  

DTLS

Tractor
LS MT335H
I am 200 miles away from my new tractor and there are many things I did not have time to look at in the 5 hours I initially played with it! I am pulling a trailer full of building supplies this next trip up. I may not be able to make it up the dirt drive way (steep incline) with the trailer if it is rain soaked. I will drop the trailer on the road and use the tractor to pull it up. I never closely looked at the draw bar so I need to know what size shank I would need on the 2" hitch ball. I am figuring 3/4" but I'm not sure. Owners manual does not show hole sizes. 3/4" or 1" I am thinking....just want to be prepared! Any help appreciated.

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #2  
Get a ball with 5/8" to be safe. Holes in a cat 1 bar are not too big. I know 5/8" works because I've used one.

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H
Thanks....I will be bringing a 5/8" and a 3/4" with me. This may be common knowledge for those who have worked with tractors for awhile but there seems to be no info out there. Hey once I go back up and measure it it will be a moot point but if I have the wrong one it is a 40 minute ride there and back to pick up the right one.

Strange that it would be 5/8" because that is the hole size in my garden tractor....you would think it would be at least 3/4" in a compact 35hp tractor!

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #4  
Not sure if its too late or not but I happen to have my drawbar out on the work bench trying to find the right size ball shank for it. The draw bar is thick you need at least a 2" long shank so thats the first hurdle.

Its larger than 3/4" - Im thinking its 1"

Here are pics to show. The pin to hold the draw bar on the tractor is 3/4" - the bolt in the pic is 3/4"
That same 3/4" bolt is in the 2nd pic is in the hole for the ball you can see the hole is larger than 3/4" and the bar is pretty thick at least 1" if not more so you need a longer shank than standard size for a pu truck.

You can probably "make due" with that 3/4" ball for a short driveway pull. I think the bar is square so the thickness is pretty close to 1" prolly metric tho.

Attachments

• 20230507_130542.jpg
    20230507_130542.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230507_130602.jpg
    20230507_130602.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
   / Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #5  
Ball end hole is 1”. The pin holes are .80”

They are actually metric so they are 26mm and 21mm

Draw bar on my 2 series tractor is 25x50mm. On my MT347 it is 30x50mm.

A 2” long shaft is just long enough for the 25mm. You will probably want one at least 2.5” long if you have a 30mm.

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #6  
I'm thinking he is talking about the bar that goes in between his two lift arms. With a pin on each end and holes down the length of it.

/ Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #7  
you could take a handful of different sized hitch ball bushings with you (or even easier a few different sizes of long shated hitch balls) and then return the ones you don't need afterwards.

I have one that I was able to break free from a drop hitch I had laying around. 1" x2.125" so that should work. Thanks a lot for all the information.

What is probably going to happen is the drive will be dried out and I will drive right up with my Rav4 in AWD. You know how that works! Now that I am prepared I won't need it.

I mean the one that is meant for pulling straight on. And yes I now have 5/8", 3/4", and 1" so I am covered....I will return what I don't need.

Can't wait to get back up there and try out the box blade...hopefully on some dry ground.

Last edited:
   / Hole sizes in standard draw bar LSMT335H #9  
I have one that I was able to break free from a drop hitch I had laying around. 1" x2.125" so that should work. Thanks a lot for all the information.

Checked the parts lookup, and you have the 50X25TX623L drawbar, so 2 1/8” long shaft should fit fine.

Checked the parts lookup, and you have the 50X25TX623L drawbar, so 2 1/8” long shaft should fit fine.
Thanks again!