Hole Digger Solution

/ Hole Digger Solution #11  
I'd agree with those who suggest a 40hp or so CUT for the 60ac based on versatility and experience. (Kubo 4200 :thumbsup:) IMO an L60 is a few sizes big, esp for the orchard.

Compare dual wheel and higher hp options for Ventrac. Low height and maneuverability may be a boon for orchard work. There are some awesome add-ons and support is pretty awesome.

Tractor has advantage of more used &/or local 3-PH & SSQA attachment availability. Attachments can be bought used and re-sold if they outlive their usefulness. Advantage tractor.

I suggest getting the right machine for the long haul. The post/planting hole part ought to be easy either way.

/ Hole Digger Solution #12  
I hear you. I'm starting to think that no matter what i am going to have to have two machines. Thanks!

You need to be around a skid steer awhile they tear everything, one with wheels is pretty helpless in the dirt but one with tracks is great neither one can work good on a side hill. they are fast but thats it, they have no reach with a bucket. plus they are dangerous my neighbor was killed getting out of one with the bucket in the air and a hose blew and it pinned him and he bled to death. For all around use it is hard to beat a 4 wheel drive loader backhoe that you can remove and use the 3 point hitch and a good zero turn to mow with..... jim

Building a fence is making you a life time job mowing under it..... lol

/ Hole Digger Solution #13  
I bought a 60 acre farm recently and I really don't plan on doing any traditional row farming so I was thinking a Ventrac might be a good solution for me. I am just about ready to pull the trigger but I need to dig fence holes for the estate and holes for an orchard that I am going to put in. If I cant find a ventrac solution I'm going to punt and just get a traditional tractor, probably a Kubota Grand L60 and be in debt for the rest of my life. So do any of you have a Ventrac based hole digger workaround? From my research it seems that at one time Ventrac had a post hole digger attachment but not anymore.

Thanks much!
Struck sells a remote hydraulic auger kit. It is their NH3A. (struckcorp.com)

/ Hole Digger Solution #14  
Struck sells a remote hydraulic auger kit. It is their NH3A. (struckcorp.com)
Haven't I seen something like that mounted to a Ventrac versa loader?

/ Hole Digger Solution #15  
Has anyone ever found specs for the Ventrac hydraulics? In order to think about building a hydraulic auger? I'd put it on the 3-point hitch.

/ Hole Digger Solution #16  
How many acres are you fencing, and is it hilly, stony ground? Are you planning typical 4-5' wire fence with steel or wood posts, or a 5 rail board fence?

In either case a small older 15-25 HP tractor with a Post Hole Digger for $8-10K and maybe a 4-5' brush cutter would be a good start. then get a larger L series or similar for the rest of the work - and yes you need two tractors, and you came to the right place to let us spend your $.
We have six tractors and two skid steers and still run out at times.