Hobbies and Interests

/ Hobbies and Interests #11  
Done some wood working, built a nice sturdy router table
20140523_155403.jpg

Got some toys, $20/gal to play with them
20140513_142427.jpg

Lately collecting tractor toys

/ Hobbies and Interests #12  
That is pretty nice. :) Most beer bottles are twist off, yet there are still some that aren't and require an opener.

I'd guess 99% of my openers are beer related. I have a few Coke and Pepsi. And some from Dairies for milk bottles. And a few paint can openers that have the prybar for the paint can on one end and a bottle opener in the loop handle.
<snert> I'm mostly a red wine drinker and belong to a 'Wine Selectors' wine 'club'... the majority of wine, today, is a twist-off cap but every now and then a cork stoppered bottle is sent. I'm momentarily boggled and then have to search out one of my old corkscrews. o_O

/ Hobbies and Interests #13  
I still have my Vaughn's Tap Boy bottle opener/corkscrew that I got when I was probably 16 years old. I use it for bottle caps still. We have a nicer corkscrew for the wine.

/ Hobbies and Interests #14  
I'm mostly a red wine drinker and belong to a 'Wine Selectors' wine 'club'... the majority of wine, today, is a twist-off cap but every now and then a cork stoppered bottle is sent. I'm momentarily boggled and then have to search out one of my old corkscrews. o_O

Love red wines.

Every time I need to remove a cork I just pray it’ll come out in one piece! I hate cork pieces in wine.

MoKelly

/ Hobbies and Interests #15  
Love red wines.

Every time I need to remove a cork I just pray it’ll come out in one piece! I hate cork pieces in wine.

MoKelly

I use a battery operated opener. No more cork bits in my glass!

IMG_0744.JPG

/ Hobbies and Interests #16  
I use a battery operated opener. No more cork bits in my glass!

View attachment 703635

My goodness. I’ve never seen that before.

I’ll have to check it out this weekend. Maybe a belated Fathers Day gift! Of course, if I get it, I will need to try it out a time or two.

Thanks for the tip.

MoKelly

/ Hobbies and Interests #17  
i was a sales rep for a company in southern italy. they are crazy about wine....and soccer. mostly the men.

lots of memories but....

1. my girlfriend at the time was a wine mom and all she ever wanted was a wine opener with the pope on it. sure as chit, i found a few different ones!

2. the owner of the italian co had a wine opener that used compressed air from little metal cartridges like we used for BB guns? he asked that i bring him a bunch on my next visit, which i did.

i later found out i broke some airline regulations about bringing compressed gasses on an airplane.

i don't drink any alcohol at all and i almost broke their heart when i wouldn't even taste their wine, even if it is from Tuscany. i told them i thought it tasted like vinegar!

ignorant american!

i would tease them by asking if the French have the best wine in the world. to that leonardo would say....the french have no history, no culture!

compared to the italian peninsula, hes Right!

/ Hobbies and Interests #18  
You can learn almost everything about how civilizations will evolve from the Roman Empire.

Origins, rise, decline and ending.

Those that don’t learn history are doomed to repeat history.

MoKelly

/ Hobbies and Interests #19  
You can learn almost everything about how civilizations will evolve from the Roman Empire.

Origins, rise, decline and ending.

Those that don’t learn history are doomed to repeat history.

MoKelly
just read a quote by a history teacher

those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat the 11th grade.

/ Hobbies and Interests #20  
Around 1964 I was headed home after working outdoors in 100f+. Grabbed a cold 6 pack of Bud and back on the road. There was 32 miles between town near where I worked and town near home. I proweled through glove compartment,trunk,under seats and even under hood for a "church key"with no luck. Very next store I rushed in and bought an opener although I probably had a dozen scattered about at home. I was so poed when I saw the tab tops I used the dam opener anyhow.
Back to our hobbies and collections. I've kept several things from early life like smithing tools,bottle capper,can sealer,meat grinder,treadle sewing machine,various guns and other items I still enjoy.
My time is spent woodworking,smithing, old cars and tractors. During my adult life I spent leasure time with older men so now they have passed leaving few people with common interests or to reminisce with.