hobart stickmate AC/DC welder

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
fellow members: just purchased new Hobart Stickmate 225AC/160DC welder for $497 (incl shipping) to my doorstep. this replaces my tried & true lincoln AC buzz box, time for an upgrade. specs on attached link. any feedback from ya? apparently, miller makes the same model but higher priced. ...thx in advance.
Hobart Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC Welder at Blain's Farm & Fleet

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #2  
Congrats, Big Bubba. :dance1:
That's a tried and true machine. Will last you more than a lifetime.

Also, you can add tig later, if you want.
And, you could add a twin carbon arc torch for heating and brazing, unless you already have a gas torch. :)

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder
thanks reverser, this one researched out best for what i wanted. will be great going back to DC after all these years. if the unit is as tough as the lincoln tombstone, i'll be pleased.... good to hear thumbs up from someone else :)

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #4  
I have the Miller thunderbolt.Its a tank. enjoy

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #5  
My Stickmate AC/DC is going on 10 years old. Works like a champ. Has plenty of power for work around my 10-acre place.

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #6  
I have the Miller thunderbolt.Its a tank. enjoy

I have a Miller 225 Thunderbolt, I have no idea how old it is, I bought it used over 30 years ago and it still works great.

/ hobart stickmate AC/DC welder #7  
My little Lincoln AC/DC is 10 years old and works great. I Had beed looking for Hobart or Miller AC/DC for some time,with no luck on a used one here in Fl. An old friend called and said come and get this welder, he was moving and was just going to keep his mig welders. He had never welded out side with it and it still looks new..