Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires?

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #11  
I'm still on three of my original turf tires on my 2001 PT425. I ran one off the rim abusing it and replaced it with a different model of tire. I regret that. It hasn't held up tread-wise like the originals. If if ever comes down to new tires, I'll get the same as the original if it's still made.

I believe the originals are Carlisle Turf Masters, and the one I don't like is the Turf Saver. I'd have to go out and look, but I just ate a large dinner of ham and bean soup and I'm quite comfortable sitting here. 🙃

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #12  
I also believe I tubed two of them. I took them to a tire shop and they did it for me for $10 each. I supplied the tubes.

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #13  
So in this case, the smart thing would go ahead and order tires. But tubes seem to be an easier and quicker method to get more time, and allow me to move over to other stuff…😊
IDK, it depends on whether you or someone else installs the tubes without them leaking. I think it's easier to change the whole tire when it's that large of a tire than to install tubes if I'm the one doing it. I don't seem to be very good at installing tubes.

Smaller tires like the front tires on my JD Z225 are such a pain to change that I just ordered a new set of aftermarket flat free tires already on the rims.

Another issue that I don't think has been mentioned is that if you use your PT to lift and carry fairly heavy loads in the bucket, I think you want good tires on the front.

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #14  
IMG_3977.jpeg

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #15  
Nice picture mossroad. You look like a professional bullrider!!yeeeee--hawwww.
Regarding the tires, I would find your local farm/equipment tire shop and have them tube it for you. My local guy put a tube in my 1460 tire about a year ago and it has held up great. My plan is to milk these tires till the tread is gone-haha

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #17  
I really hate being “cheap”…honestly. But it’s gotten worse as I’ve aged. I try my best to wring out every possible inch of life in anything we have (frustrating many times and lots of muttered 4-letter words LOL) and the wife just says “throw it away and we’ll get a new one…” 🤪 I can’t let go that easily. Plus, most times it’s a learning experience, and I thrive off of knowing the ins and outs of how things work.
But…since marrying the wife 4 years ago and moving to her spread, I’ve taken on three times as much stuff as I had before! And three times as much the duties of keeping everything up and running. It’s pretty exhilarating most of the time, but more and more I’m becoming overwhelmed with so many projects/fixes in various states…and…I’m not so sure I’ll come out of this prostate cancer past without anything else popping up. For some reason I’m feeling I need to get as much done as I can. Odd I know…
So in this case, the smart thing would go ahead and order tires. But tubes seem to be an easier and quicker method to get more time, and allow me to move over to other stuff…😊
Sometimes, at least in my book, it is just good enough to kick the can down the road if you have other things to attend to. Life is short.
I'm still on three of my original turf tires on my 2001 PT425. I ran one off the rim abusing it and replaced it with a different model of tire. I regret that. It hasn't held up tread-wise like the originals. If if ever comes down to new tires, I'll get the same as the original if it's still made.

I believe the originals are Carlisle Turf Masters, and the one I don't like is the Turf Saver. I'd have to go out and look, but I just ate a large dinner of ham and bean soup and I'm quite comfortable sitting here. 🙃
+1 on Carlisle tires. Mine are still going, albeit with a few hairline cracks, despite some rough usage.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #18  
It's Carlstar tires now. And the small tires are now made in China. I bought "Carlisle" tires about two years ago for my Kenbota and they were made in China. The Amazon listing still had them listed as Made in USA and I almost sent them back. They still had the Carlisle brand molded in, but they've been transitioning to Carlstar. They've held up well. Much better than any previous Chinese rubber product I've purchased.

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #19  
I'll put in another positive vote for Carlisle. I've purchased that exact size Carlisle with R4 tread and it's held up great

/ Hmmm…tubes? Or new tires? #20  
Not a fan of tubes. Can't use tire plugs for onsite repair when I get a nail in the tire at a job site.