Hit A Road Block With Fittings ?

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #1  

BxB301

Tractor
Lincoln
Things were going great on my project until it came time to install some 90's on my valve block.
-Can't screw in more than 1.
How the HE Double Hockey-Sticks am I going to make this work?

Valve block ports are #8 SAE, and those are 8 SAE to 8 JIC 90's
Also have long ones for the top - which also cant screw in without hitting the one next to it.

Attachments

• 20230306_162142.jpg
    20230306_162142.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
   / Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #2  
   / Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #3  
You may need to ditch those and get some straight SAE #8 to JIC, then have the 90 fitting crimped directly on the hose but I don't think that's common to use over there. Instead you may need to use a male JIC to female JIC 90 fitting.

EDIT: What Brian said! (y)

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ?
$22 & $37 each! Yikes.
At least I can get away with the cheap fittings every other hole- I think the local hose guys said he doesn't have any of those. Ill go check before ordering them for him.
thanks for the reply!

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #5  
^^^^
THIS.

If you don't want to use crimped 90's (I try not to because of "clocking" issues and hose memory), you can use 90* JIC fittings and then straight JIC fittings on your hoses.

Or 45's:

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #7  
In my experience a short and long 90 will NOT work; To get clearance I had to go to a short and a "long long" (from Discount Hydraulics, anyway) - see attached pic ... Steve

Attachments

• DSCN1321.JPG
    DSCN1321.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
   / Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #8  
You might have already crossed this bridge but i was thinking you could thread in the 2 outer ones and get a male to female coupler for the center one so it stands off high enough to clear the others.

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #9  
Use a straight ORB adapter on the ones where the 90's wont work. Then use the 90 JIC fittings that kenny posted in the first link.

I avoid the 90's on the hose itself not only because of memory, but cost. Those 90 hose fittings are more expensive and arent as readily available in a pinch.

/ Hit A Road Block With Fittings ? #10  
Could you not use something like this male/female fitting to extend one set of connectors to get clearance... These are only a few bucks each...

SAE+6+Male+x+SAE+8+Female+Straight+6410-06-08+Adapter_M.jpg