History of Kubota?

/ History of Kubota? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
Has anyone written on Kubota models and company history?
Do companies even have someone collating historical documents anymore?
I' guessing JD had a history dept. once.......considering how much detailed material they've published they must have done so.

Anyway, my wife mentioned she would like a small older tractor to replace the one the flood took away - and it would be nice if it had power steering and hydrostatic tranny. Her old Yanmar didn't - but she deserves that now.

And I realized that as much as I knew about Yanmar and their company, I have no idea of Kubota's history other than that Kubota and Yanmar were chief competitors at one time.

So I have no idea on which models had what features.....don't even know what to look for.
Anyone?
rScotty

/ History of Kubota? #2  
Kubota's website talks of the history of the company. It was founded in Japan in 1892 or close to that. They invented the subcompact tractor for the small farms in Japan. Company moved headquarters to California in I think it was 1982. Plant is in Georgia. So parts are still made overseas as they have plants all over the world. There is an issue with what is called "grey market tractors" they were built in japan and sold in US in violation of the ownership agreement.