Hino N209

/ Hino N209 #11  
OK, thinking things through a little more and reading the description on your plumbing. IF your system was set up like mine, prior to adding the backhoe and fel, your hydro system should have unloaded (tied the pressure line to tank) with the 3-pt valve is in the neutral or down position. Pressure would build (Pressure to tank blocked) only when the 3-pt is being raised.

You indicated that you went from the pressure port on the hydro access block in to the FEL P-port, FEL T to Backhoe P, Backhoe T to what would be the 3-pt P. All return to tank would be through the 3-pt valve, correct?

OK, if I am on top of things, if the 3-pt valve does have a tandem center position (pressure to tank), which would unload the pump, there should be no pressure in your system, assuming all of your valves are the same center style. If you are ideling, with the 3-pt in the hold position can you hear your engine load slightly? If so, does it unload when the 3-point switch is held in the down (float) position? If so, you might want to run her at speed with the 3-pt valve in the down position for the 10 minutes or so and see if it stays cool then.

With the series plumbing, all of your valves have to tie the pressure port to tank with the valves in the center position, otherwise you don't have flow downstream. Since you can operate your downstream components, it sounds like the proper spools are in the fel and backhoe. (In industrial hydraulics, a closed center valve is common, to maintain pressure in the system). Does your 3-pt raise at it's normal speed? If it's slow, you could have a restriction upstream somewhere. You can often hear oil flow (sort of hissisg) through an obstruction, and you should be able to feel around and see where your plumbing first gets hot.

Lots of speculating here, my setup is plumbed in parallel, rather than series. Based on how quickly you are heating up, it is most likely that you are not unloading the pump (dumping pressure to tank) when not operating a valve. Biggest suspect based on everything you've said, is the 3-pt valve. Is it hotter than the fluid inlet line? Also, can you find the relief valve in your system? If so, can you hear fluid flow over it? By rights, the only time there should be flow over the relief valve is when a valve is actuated, with a cylinder at full extension/retraction.

Good luck.
Brian

/ Hino N209 #12  
Pumps are open center gear pumps.

Bypass valve is built into the solenoid block

Solenoids are a job for a clean bench and patience. You can do it just be methodical about what goes where. Do not use sand paper or a file on ANYTHING!! just disassemble. To test the valve before I spend two hours putting it back on I use an air nozzle with a rubber tip to the inlet side of the solenoid and make sure my bypass is seating then I connect it to a battery and make sure that each spool activates correctly. If you can map out the fluids path through the valve from A to Z troubleshooting will be a lot easier.

Brain, they are going to have to put in a separate hard drive in the server just for you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just kiddin!

/ Hino N209
Good news. After my last response, I noticed the hydraulic system was running much cooler. I finally got a chance to remove the backhoe yesterday, and the three point hitch has also fixed itself. So it appears the two problems were related as Buck surmised. Of course my luck is not free, I noticed a 16 penny nail stuck through the front tire and tube while I was removing the backhoe. It is still easier to fix then tearing apart a valve.

/ Hino N209 #14  
When you put the hoe back on be careful not to move the 3 point lever while it is on. I moved mine while using the tractor with the loader. It put a terrible load on the pump and engine . It was trying to lift the hoe that was locked down with the draw bar arm. I tied my lever down from then on whenever I was using the hoe.

/ Hino N209
My three point hitch controls are electric. I was thinking about putting a cut off switch on the system to prevent damaging the tractor with the hoe attached. Right now, I am adding metal to the draw bar plate that attaches to the two top links. It did not take long to bend that plate. I have three bolt pattern for the plate instead of the suggested 4 bolt pattern.

/ Hino N209 #16  
That is a pretty good sign something was done that shouldn't have been. I learned also the 3 point hoes don't really have the strength for moving the whole machine using the hoe like a full size machine can do. It puts exteme stress on parts like the one you describe. Luckily mine was on a Yanmar with powershift and I could just move forward with out getting down and getting back in the driver's seat every time I needed to pull up.