High Quality Lawn Sprinkler

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #11  
I gave up on the cheap sprinklers and now use a Nelson traveling tractor cast iron sprinkler. Lay out the hose on the path I want it to take, and off it goes.
Ditto.

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #12  
If you have a very large area to sprinkle, you can make "portable" sprinklers out of PVC pipe and place an under ground sprinkler head on the top of the PVC riser stand that you fabricate. I made 3 of them, and they work great...IF... you have sufficient water pressure and volume to handle 2-3 at a time.

I made mine about 5' high with 1" PVC. Made an "X" at the bottom for feet using a PVC 4-way coupling, and then a "T" to create the riser. Use hose fittings on 2 ends of the "X" to hook up your hoses, and chain them together. Pretty simple. Screw on the sprinkler head and water to your heart's content.
(I would not use ¾" PVC, as it gets pretty flimsy when water pressure is exerted on it, especially on the riser)

Just a thought.

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #13  
I've been through a lot of cheap sprinklers. I'm talking above ground, not sprinkler system stuff. I don't water much but when I do I don't want a big old hassle. I prefer the chink-chink-chink type but everything I've bought in the last ten years has been junk and does not last. All from China. Spike type ones will not work. My 'soil' turns to concrete if it goes more than a week without rain. I've broken so many of those cheap pot metal spikes!

At this point money is not a major object and willing to buy pro-level stuff if there is such a thing. Any advice on durable, reliable stuff much appreciated. I do not need more than one or two sprinklers.
Its super late, but you might want to try high quality sprinklers from DripWorks.com
They also publish catalog every year which I receive. https://www.dripworks.com/content/dripworks-2022-retail-catalog.pdf
Most of the stuff they sell is made in America, so extremely good quality

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #14  
I've got a couple of those water propelled, geared tractor sprinklers. They will cover a large area. BUT - you have to keep an eye on them. Many times the tractor jumps over the hose and heads for parts UKN. With my ten acre lake and 80 psi they can go a loooong ways.

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #15  
I have never seen the Nelson travelling sprinklers but that is an incredible idea. I've been having to go out and move the sprinkler down a few times to water the grass seed that I planted. Thank you for posting that. I'm in love.

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #16  
If you have newly planted seed - be careful with those traveling tractor type sprinklers. The front wheel follows the hose back to the faucet and the rear wheels provide the tractive power. If the ground is too soft( newly planted seed ) the tractor tends to dig two ruts. Especially if you use a veeeery long hose that will require quite a bit of pulling power. The closer to the faucet - the more hose the tractor must drag.

Otherwise they can be a real time saver and don't require constant resetting of the sprinkler.

/ High Quality Lawn Sprinkler #17  
I have used Senninger wobblers sprinklers for even distribution of water. They are for low pressure applications (25 psi). Use the wobbler at 35 to 45 foot elevation gain above the pump. Approximately a 50 foot diameter pattern and one of the best sprinklers for even distribution of water I have used. I also use them with a 25 psi regulator on some low areas (same elevation as pump).

I was so impressed with the wobbler that I decided to give the Senninger impact sprinkler a try.
Use this Senninger sprinkler for elevations closer to the pump elevation (50 psi), has good distribution and a 80 foot diameter pattern.

I have never had to replace one. They are dependable.

Rainbird brass sprinklers have also lasted 50 years or more, great sprinklers also.

More information: