High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow..

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow..
and I rarely use the air powered tools anymore.
I'm the opposite, I prefer air tools over cordless, especially in hard and long duration use. I own cordless but no cordless, no matter what the AH rating of the pack is, can go long run at maximum output power. My air tools can and do. No slowing down, no petered out packs. My compressor can hold 135 psi line pressure constantly, no matter what my CFM usage is. I'd have to exceed 40 CFM to even approach it's output and if I did, the Quincy standby would kick in and pick up the slack. That has not happened in 10 years, came close with the plasma table but, not quite.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #22  
Maintaining 135 constant is what really gives your tools the power, the better fittings help a little and help on big tools.
This is convenient, its easier to wrap the short hose around the compressor for storage. I am curious,,, what is wrapped for storage, it is not left connected? Seems like you might be a candidate for a reel?

Maintaining 135 constant is what really gives your tools the power, the better fittings help a little and help on big tools.
I have no issue doing that with the Sullaire Screw. Far as hoses go, mine are all on reels. I really dislike hose laying on the floor and you don't coil hose on a screw compressor anyway as it's basically a box. One thing I don't do is rum my air pressure at 175 psi. Never have. The higher the compressed pressure, the shorter the compressor life is, the more heat produced thus the more condensate made. Why I run the shop air at 135 psi which is plenty for any air tool so long as the volume to the tool is adequate.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #24  
And in the world of amateurs :) ...
After trying several things, I screwed a 6 ft hose into the regulator then use a separate hose from there to the tool. its easier to wrap the short hose around the compressor for storage. Then coil the long hose separately. The Earthquake Version1 impact wrench is the most air-hungry tool I use. It had been starving for air. Now using these larger couplers it works great.
I am curious,,, what is wrapped for storage, it is not left connected? Seems like you might be a candidate for a reel?
Hobby farmer here. Retired. The orchard is contracted to a local guy to till and harvest. So my shop is what you would expect for a DIY'er with lots of hobbies. Not agribusiness, or welding for others. I maintain the road, dig out stumps etc with two elderly tractors and various stuff bought used. Nothing is urgent like it would be in a commercial operation.

My compressor is HF's 20 years ago, $99, 10 gallon unit. HF claimed 5 CFM. Same as their present 4 SCFM model.
58144_W3.jpg

When I bought the Earthquake impact wrench I tried everything to get maximum air from this cheap compressor. The high-flow fittings in my photo above were the improvement I needed for the impact wrench to get its rated torque. Everything works well now.

A hose reel would be handy but that would mean more couplers. Taking down an air hose from its garden-hose rack when I need it, is simple and sufficient. The short 6 ft hose is screwed into the compressor's regulator for fewer fittings and to put the first coupler out where its convenient.

I bought first class tools when I used them to earn a living. (And still have them). This HF air stuff, and welders bought used etc, are good enough for the projects I do now.

And a question: the compressor's switch is set to cut out at 125 psi. Is the 90 psi regulator beyond that switch, really needed? Seems to me its just another obstacle to air volume. Why not remove it when the main use of air is for air tools? For painting, I have a separate regulator/water trap out where I paint. Advice?

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #25  
A 175 comp is designed that way. Its part of system design and good reason for it. Mine is used every day and been on since 1972. Like you said, you have big pipe and maintain 135, this is about the low side of a hi pressure system.
I have 2 comps also, really use 1, rarely use the second, the tanks are used. My master or main is a 3 hp Champ 2 stage, Its what they used to call a mechanic compressor. Made when 60A service was normal and designed for running mechanic tools. Small pump, big tank, hi pressure. With management can run larger limited air guns and can air up hi pressure truck tires.
With 200+ gallon tanks really got to try to outwork it. I am on rural line and small motors are not a bad thing. Smaller motor, longer fewer runs/starts. I can make more but its really rare I need it and I am fairly air dependent. Its on 24/7

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #26  
You dont need the reg for air tools at that pressure. Yes, you can put the reg any where you want and in some cases
paint air 2.JPG
paint air dis.JPG
air 3.JPG
air comps rev.JPG
it may work better.

Far as I'm concerned there are only 3 dependable, long lasting reciprocating compressors, Quincy, Champion and IR. They have real lubrication systems, forged cranks, high efficiency unloaders and more than adequate cooling fins for heat dissipation plus they have real Swedish steel valves and intercoolers.

All the rest are basically limited lifetime throwaway junk. I have a Quincy QP 10 horse for my backup and I use it's 100 gallon receiver for an air receiver anyway. The more cubic feet of air storage you have, the less your compressor will cycle on and off.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #28  
Above, pic 1, regulated line from the one in pic 3 with a disconnect for that clip in pic 2. You can see additional reg goes to that reel for paint guns.

I'm on rural power as well but I do have 3 phase on the pole out front. Most rural settings only have 220 /1 and limited amperage. I have 400 coming into the mains on the house (industrial panel) and 300 to the shop.

I see you use the same pipe dope I do. It's good stuff but it stinks.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #30  
Did you ever check out the Prevost couplers?