High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow..

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow..
Plumbing the shop was a real bugger. I bought the black pipe in 21 foot mill lengths and cut and threaded all of it to fit. I really used my Rigid pipe threader hard. All joints were doped and it's all air tight. I run the system at 135 psi. I've found that 135 psi is plenty because I have the cfm flow. I have 2 150 gallon receivers in the main line so the screw compressor idles most of the time and I also have a 10 horse Quincy QP reciprocating compressor as a backup unit. receivers also have auto electric drains on them.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow..
Seen pictures where people run their air lines in PVC pipe with glued joints. I've also see the carnage after they explode too. The shards of the exploded pipe are like knives and it you are in the way, they impale you. Using black pipe and fittings wasn't cheap but I don't ever have to worry about an explosion either.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #14  
Plumbing the shop was a real bugger. I bought the black pipe in 21 foot mill lengths and cut and threaded all of it to fit. I really used my Rigid pipe threader hard. All joints were doped and it's all air tight. I run the system at 135 psi. I've found that 135 psi is plenty because I have the cfm flow. I have 2 150 gallon receivers in the main line so the screw compressor idles most of the time and I also have a 10 horse Quincy QP reciprocating compressor as a backup unit. receivers also have auto electric drains on them.
Sounds like you have plenty of air. I didn't see if you said what diameter fittings you bought.

Just after I sized up air hose (to 1/2" and correct sized couplings) for my 3/4" impacts, I bought the highest rated cordless Milwaukee 1/2" impact, a handy 3/8" drive, and a 3/8 drive milwaukee ratchet.....neatest things since sliced bread. ... and I rarely use the air powered tools anymore.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #15  
I have been playing with a blast cabinet. I set up a dry cabinet but I think I will experiment with vapor blasting. I think if I do it right I can convert the same cabinet back and forth. I been thinking about high flow fittings and will look into these.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #17  
You are not short of air, several sizes bigger than the tools require. But in this type of setup the pipe should tilt the other way instead of back. A bead of water is not going to run back thhru long runs, we would like to see it carried away towards a drop. You probably have so good drying all this is moot. Nothing wrong with all this but its a slight overkill to run some tools. 1/2 gun and 3/4 for that matter will have almost 0 loss thru this sy7stem till it hits the hose and even then with short 1/2 almost none there either.
With the constant pressure this hi even a common fitting wont mean much loss, most rated to 35 cfm and a heavy 1/2 gun is about 25. Hi vols in this class rated about 72, makes them suitable for 3/4 guns.
One of my most used is 100 ft of 1/2 but I am using 2 stage and while there wouldnt be anything wrong with bigger it has always done the work.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #18  
If I was going to do this again in this building would do the manifold and the finish after adapters with steel fittings and home run a couple long ones with 3/4 flex air line. Its just so time consuming up in the ceiling.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #19  
My Milton V female QDs are push to connect. Still pull back to collar sometimes because the old ones are that style.

The female V will connect to either male. Regular female will not connect to V male plugs.

/ High flow compressed air fittings versus standard flow.. #20  
And in the world of amateurs :) ... Here's something I posted in 2016 in the Harbor Freight thread. Works for me!
HF's #68187 1/4" (threads) x 3/8" (I.D.) 'Automotive Series' air couplers.
I measured 7.5mm ID for HF's Automotive Series air coupler vs 5mm for HF's common brass coupler. 2.25 x the cross section area.
I recommend these for any air tool that could use a little more oomph.
kimg1696raircoupler-jpg.473992

As mentioned above, reducing the number of connectors between the compressor and the tool helped improve performance of an inexpensive (all HF) setup.

After trying several things, I screwed a 6 ft hose into the regulator then use a separate hose from there to the tool. This is convenient, its easier to wrap the short hose around the compressor for storage. Then coil the long hose separately. The Earthquake Version1 impact wrench is the most air-hungry tool I use. It had been starving for air. Now using these larger couplers it works great.