Hi from Queensland, Australia.

/ Hi from Queensland, Australia.
I've only known it as - brumby - and no, there aren't or haven't been any feral horses apart from what breed on a large properties.

I have run into a few of the crazy bulls back in the day though, not far if I've got the right Dunn, from his parents farm. An ex pat American had a few cattle go totally feral in difficult to access terrain, what breed not helped by shifty characters sneaking up from the back end probably though the national state forest to clean out cattle of the more placid temperament. I to date haven't seen anything near as crazy. I recall a horse agent calling in there (as the guy had a large area also had horses that breed) looking for bucking bull material ... all of half a minute till there was a pained pale look on his face, eh no he'd arrived to take a couple but no, no thanks just too wild. The yards out of interest where built using yard sides that were three big blue gum stacked on top of each other with a small gap but not enough for a person to squeeze though. A bit over 3 meters high iirc and some section of his yards were higher.

(quick edit of clarity and a typo and a second for another silly spelling pail ... I can't blame auto correct. :( )

Last edited:
   / Hi from Queensland, Australia.
Hi there James. Spent a few months down Rocky as a lad and found it to be a nice place to be, friendly people who waved like it was second nature. (As opposed to a couple of other places in those days.) Passed though a few years back closer to 20 years at night and the suburbs seemed to start at the Yeppoon turn off. If you ever heard a too hard to believe story of some idiot towing a Thames Trader cattle truck north with a ford telstar ... it's true, that was me sorting out the Ol'man's second hand old truck he bought ... what could possibly go wrong.

/ Hi from Queensland, Australia. #14  
Welcome to TBN, we always appreciate pictures and hope your health issues are in the past.

/ Hi from Queensland, Australia. #15  
G'day Mate....
Greetings from far north west Canada...

I have a group in OZ I communicate with.. My Sweetie has a pen pal in Brisbane who both belong to an organization that reshelves discard library books.. This called Book Crossing..

So I am learning bits of a new language.. Candian English, southern red neck from my cousins along the US Gulf Coast, and a bit of Australian... Enjoy... eh...