Hey Gotta Make Hay

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay #1  

Lefty7

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940HSTC, LA724, BH92, RTV-X1100C, 1978 Dodge D100 Adventurer (Sunrise Orange), 2018 Ram 2500 (Omaha Orange)
Just after getting the bales of first cutting off, I put the finishing touches on the song Hey Gotta Make Hay. Produced in a backroom studio at the farmhouse, it’s bluegrass about bluegrass. Please give it a listen if you’re interested – and I’d be happy to hear any comments you might want to make, either here or (better) thru the CONTACT email addresses given on my website.

Understand this is not being sold. It’s free. Unlimited free plays of the complete song (and many others) are available on the HOME PAGE of the site. You don’t need a password or have to join the club (since we don’t have one); there is no obligation, and no farmer musician will call.

The website is: www.stewardsongs.com

Wishing you all a great summer and a productive growing season.

Best as always,

~Lefty7

Attachments

• pic - orange truck & haywagon.pdf
    472.1 KB · Views: 130
   / Hey Gotta Make Hay #2  
Dang that sounds good and that orange truck ain't bad either.

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay
Thanks Boss. Happy ya liked the tune. It was a fun one to make.

With a handle like that, ya gotta be a Ford guy. (I like them too, but I do mostly Dodges.)

That '78 is "Sunrise" - a D100 longbox in Sunrise Orange. Got crazy in '18 and bought a new one in Omaha Orange, so I guess ya know what that one is called...

Attachments

• P9165486.JPG
    P9165486.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 105
   / Hey Gotta Make Hay #4  
Yeah,
I must admit I bleed Ford blue but I like all of the older classics. I just wish I had enough insight back in the day to buy a few of the muscle cars and put them away. A couple of those 426 Hemi's tucked away in a Road Runner or a Cuda' how sweet would that be?

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay
I hear ya on that - and I hear a lotta folks say the same thing. Would not have mattered, in my case, if I had had the insight. I didn't have any $ for such things, but they sure were interesting. Spent my sparse hard-earned on Fender guitars - and them I still have.

But as to your comment, yeah - a Cuda or its cousin, a Challenger, with the elephant motor would work for me. Oh yeah...

By the time I could afford something to drive with four wheels as a young one, I bought an aged flat fender CJ2A Jeep, and I've been a truck and 4WD guy ever since. Pickups and heavier rigs catch my attention, and I find all makes interesting, including fallen flags like IH and Studes. My trucks have served me pretty well for both farm stuff and on the road, haulin' band equipment. Sure couldn't fit my bass amp in a Mustang back then. Well, a 2+2 maybe? Of course, the manufacturers waited 'til I got older to make the amps smaller and lighter. Thanks a lot. ~Lefty

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay #6  
Where's the song????......

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay #7  
I was in the same boat you were, no money but a lot of dreams. You sound like my brother with the Fender and Gison's he still has his too. My son in law just bought an old Martin that he got a pretty sweet deal on, me ..... I have trouble playing the radio.

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay
Where's the song????......
You gotta go to the website, and push the button on the player with that title (Hey Gotta Make Hay) at the bottom of the home page.

It was inappropriate to attach the audio file here in this forum. And too many tech glitches to do so.

But there are other songs there, too. Wide variety of genres. Additional songs with some sort of country treatment include: Frackin' Fool; Frackin' Hoedown; and our bowling ball might-be-a-classic-someday country rocker Gone to Richard's - reminiscences of a larger-than-life local guy, and Richard's Tri-County, the small business he built up from nothin'. It was the place to go for wings and a beer, prime rib and yer date, and official ABC bowling - until it torched to the ground.

Everything is free unless ya wanna buy a download from a distribution venue, when we make all of $.90 per. Hey, we're rakin' it in! (The hay - not the money.)

The songs all sound better, of course, with music quality speakers, headphone or earbuds. Our sound engineer is Morey Poulfuss, [it's pronounced 'Mor-RAY'], and she pleads for this! (Bless her heart.)

The website is www.stewardsongs.com ...and thanks fer lissning.

~Lefty

/ Hey Gotta Make Hay
Forgot to include the horse tunes with a decidedly southwestern flavor. There’s Gran Caballo, (an instrumental) with a big twang honoring equestrians with a nod to guitar guy Duane Eddy, and its counterpart (with lyrics) Call Me Tornado, spun from Disney’s Zorro TV show, actor Guy Williams and the horse actors, especially Diamond Decorator, sung from the point of view of the horse, who finally lands a speaking role. [“Oh, Wilbur!"]

Having said that, I’m reminded of a scene in the Blues Brothers movie: ELWOOD: “Uh, Ma’m, what kind of music do you usually have here?” MRS. BOB’S COUNTRY BUNKER: “Oh, we have both kinds – country AND western.”

But, be forewarned, a lot of the stuff posted for lissning on the site is all over the map: rock, jazz, country, and hybrids that touch on some or all of the above. Call it ‘eclectric’. OK, enough shameless self-promotion. ~Lefty

Attachments

• Gran Caballo cover art.jpg
    Gran Caballo cover art.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 78
   / Hey Gotta Make Hay
I was in the same boat you were, no money but a lot of dreams. You sound like my brother with the Fender and Gison's he still has his too. My son in law just bought an old Martin that he got a pretty sweet deal on, me ..... I have trouble playing the radio.
My basses, my Strat, my Dobro, my Carvin(s), my Marty 12-string have taken me farther than any vehicle I've ever owned. Fer sure... ~Lefty7