Hey Bear, unbelievable!

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
We have been keeping our 5-1/2 month old granddaughter all week. She has a double ear infection AND developed RSV. This has been the happiest baby I have ever seen. Smiling, laughing, and cackling out loud when I would play with her. This week not so much until today. She has really felt bad and has spent most of the time sleeping in my wife's arms or occasionally in mine. When she has been awake she has been very fussy and ill. It was hard to keep her from crying.

Until our daughter told us about 'heybear'.

We turn the TV to Youtube and start a heybear video and she immediately quiets and watches. The videos consist of a black screen with brightly colored fruits and vegetables dancing and spinning around. That is all it is. And there is pleasant music WITH A NICE BEAT playing.

The five month old is mesmerized, sitting there and staring at the screen for ten to twenty minutes at a time.

Wife and I can only stand it for about thirty minutes and then the channel has to be changed for us to keep our sanity. BUT if you have a fussy infant I would suggest trying these videos. it can quiet them long enough for you to put a bottle in the warmer or go to the bathroom.

An exhausted 69-year old granddaddy, RSKY.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #2  
For my son, Barney the dinosaur mesmerized him. For his son, Team umizoomi.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #3  
Cocomelon and Peppa Pig here, we have 11 kids from 0-20 years old.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #4  
For my son, Barney the dinosaur mesmerized him. For his son, Team umizoomi.
That is exactly why we banned Barney when we had our first kid. No desire to have video mesmerize the kids.

Did spend more than a few hours of my life driving around trying to get him to sleep. He turned out ok.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #5  
We have been keeping our 5-1/2 month old granddaughter all week. She has a double ear infection AND developed RSV. This has been the happiest baby I have ever seen. Smiling, laughing, and cackling out loud when I would play with her. This week not so much until today. She has really felt bad and has spent most of the time sleeping in my wife's arms or occasionally in mine. When she has been awake she has been very fussy and ill. It was hard to keep her from crying.

Until our daughter told us about 'heybear'.

We turn the TV to Youtube and start a heybear video and she immediately quiets and watches. The videos consist of a black screen with brightly colored fruits and vegetables dancing and spinning around. That is all it is. And there is pleasant music WITH A NICE BEAT playing.

The five month old is mesmerized, sitting there and staring at the screen for ten to twenty minutes at a time.

Wife and I can only stand it for about thirty minutes and then the channel has to be changed for us to keep our sanity. BUT if you have a fussy infant I would suggest trying these videos. it can quiet them long enough for you to put a bottle in the warmer or go to the bathroom.

An exhausted 69-year old granddaddy, RSKY.
ya I love them kids as well. I was vaccinated for rsv this past week.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #6  
For my niece it was the Wiggles...

I took her to the concert and she was rocking out... have not been to any concert since but it was cute how she would learn things like stop and look both ways for cars or how the Fruit Salad song had her asking for fruit salad.

Like most things in moderation there is good and not so good...

She is off attending her 4th year university... maybe I should fire up the VCR at Thanksgiving?

At the hospital I've been known to put baby shark or the wheels on the bus on the big lobby screen for our youngest patients awaiting surgery... it really helps a lot... and so far no complaints as long as I switch back to regular programing when the nurse comes to pick up our youngest patients...

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #7  
My daughter was a Barney fan. The opening or closing to the show was a song "I love you, you love me..." With Barney hugging people. Daughter would run to everyone in the house for her Barney hug!

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #8  
That is exactly why we banned Barney when we had our first kid. No desire to have video mesmerize the kids.

Did spend more than a few hours of my life driving around trying to get him to sleep. He turned out ok.
Lighten up Francis, figure of speech.

Yeah well, I'm glad I didn't ban Barney as my kids turned out pretty good. There was a lot of Barney haters out there which I never understood. His entire show was teaching kids things and how to treat others with kindness and respect.

Maybe more people should have let their kids watch it. I personally don't like any kids show but I'm a grownup and can tune it out.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable!
Heybear isn't really a show. There is no dialog. All it has is brightly colored objects bouncing around on a black background. I suspect any child that can speak even a few words would be bored by it. But for this little miserable sick baby it was entertainment for a few minutes.

RSKY

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #10  
That's a shame about her being so sick, but it's cute that she is so entertained by something we'd find... at best, boring.