Here's a small tree for you

/ Here's a small tree for you #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Here\'s a small tree for you

I just finished cutting this monster down today. I hate to think of what it would have cost to remove it. I think the base is close to 4 feet across. The tree had a serious case of rot down the middle. The only thing that got broken during this whole ordeal was the side handle on my resurrected Pro-Mac 650 and a street light wire that a branch took off.

Attachments

• 581570-DSC01883.JPG
    581570-DSC01883.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 506
   / Here's a small tree for you
Re: Here\'s a small tree for you

Next step

Attachments

• 581572-DSC02032.JPG
    581572-DSC02032.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 377

Today's work

Attachments

• 581573-DSC02037.JPG
    581573-DSC02037.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 354

What you see isn't the final picture. It was too dark to take another shot when I finished today. The tree is all cut up and ready for splitting now.

Attachments

• 581574-DSC02039.JPG
    581574-DSC02039.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 337
   / Here's a small tree for you #5  

Jim, that's quite a bit of work... probably heat the house for half a winter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Where did you get the cab? I'd like one for my 7360.

/ Here's a small tree for you #6  

Looks that newly renovated splitter will be getting a real workout like in short order /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My neighbor has a large willow (4'+ at the base) that the last ice storm took out about 50% of the upper branches - hope I can get my splitter done in time to help him.

/ Here's a small tree for you #7  

You must be younger and more ambitious than me! I had one about half that size (fell across my garage) removed last year - cost $1700.

/ Here's a small tree for you #8  

wow jim, that's a big tree-- lots of work. did you climb it and bring down the top in sections? i have some very large ash trees i need to remove and sure could use advice... thx -arthr

/ Here's a small tree for you #9  

That looks like a silver maple. They are prone to rot that starts in "Y" portions of the trunk.

/ Here's a small tree for you #10  

Jim,

Looks like you have some shrubs to remove too! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif