Help with Valve Body Port I.D.

/ Help with Valve Body Port I.D. #1  

zzvyb6

Elite Member
Tractor
jd 1070
Here is a shot of a 2 spool hydraulic valve body from my J.D. F935 Lawnmower. It currently uses only 1 one-way control to raise the mower deck lift arms. The hydraulic pressure line to the lift arms is labeled "A". The mower comes with a valve body that has 2 spools in it, even though it only uses 1 of them and I want to add a lever and connectors and hoses to produce a two way cylinder control for a snowblower chute, log splitter ram, dump trailer lift, who knows. I am asking for assistance in identifying which letter locations I would connect the hoses to. Additionally, what are all the other letter labeled plugs for?

The valve controls are linked to the pull rods shown on the left. There are also some words in the casting that hint at input, output, power beyond, etc. If this concept works, there are some triple spool valves for sale on ebay that I might be interested so that I can have 2 two-way cylinder controls for.

Thank you very much for any assistance in this endeavor. It might seem like a lot of work to modify a lawnmower, but I'm trying out the Fun With Hydraulics course!

/ Help with Valve Body Port I.D. #2  
B = pressure
A = port to single action cyl
C, F = load checks
E, G second valve ports
PB = Power Beyond
H, out = goes to tank/reservoir

If you know the manufacture, and want to use the PB , then you will need a PB fitting for the PB outlet to allow flow downstream.

With that valve, you can do 2 DA cyl operation and pass the flow down stream to another valve.

/ Help with Valve Body Port I.D.
Thank you for that information. It will be Very helpful. Wishing a Happy New Year to you.

/ Help with Valve Body Port I.D. #4  
This is not the best valve for a log splitter, although it could be used for the log lift and wedge lift. Prince make several good log splitter valve that have detent and fast extend, etc. They also have an automatic two spool valve that once the log is placed, you then push the two levers into detent, and the splitter operates and when it gets to the end of the split, it reverses and when it is fully retracted, the levers go to neutral. Quite useful in certain situations.