Help with tire size.

/ Help with tire size. #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I picked up an old pull behind sprayer that has tires on it that say 9.00 x 14. What would be the equivalent to these with todays numbering system. I thought maybe something like 215x 70r-14. or something like that. 14" tires are getting hard to find in the junk yards. Thanks. RRM

/ Help with tire size. #2  
9.00 x 14 equivalent is a 225R14 tire.

Edit: That was an EURO-METRIC 82 Series, which wasn't much help.

Tire Size Conversion Chart

Actually you can get 9.00 x 14 ATV tires.

/ Help with tire size. #3  
I put truck tires on my sprayer/water wagon.....wider makes Less Tire Track

/ Help with tire size. #6  
9.00 x 14 equivalent is a 225R14 tire.

Edit: That was an EURO-METRIC 82 Series, which wasn't much help.

Tire Size Conversion Chart

Actually you can get 9.00 x 14 ATV tires.

A pull behind sprayer, probably has a 400 gallon tank on it. Thats probably close to 4000 lbs loaded. I don't think they make, a ATV tire, that will SURVIVE 2 tons. I use my old sprayer, as a Water hauler, for the garden. Make sure the tires you get, will HAUL the weight, of your loaded sprayer.

/ Help with tire size. #7  
You could probably get new trailer wheels with ST tires already mounted in 15" or 16" if they will clear and the pattern matches. If you go that route, get load range E tires that will be rated for about 2,700 lbs each. You might find the wheels with tires for less than a set of heavy duty 14" tires alone.

If you want LT tires for best reliability on the highway at speed, get the wheels and mount the tires of your choice.