Help with ID of tree

/ Help with ID of tree #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Just had to cut down a tree on the edge of the yard, about 80 feet tall and pretty darn solid (top was dead but the bottom is still good). Was not sure what kind of tree it was and was looking for a little help.

Also was thinking about taking some of the logs to the mill and seeing what they will give me for them but thought I should know something about the wood before hand.
Also any guess what 3, 18"x8' (all 3 logs are perfect, straight and solid) logs are worth? IMG_2036.jpegIMG_2037.jpeg

/ Help with ID of tree #2  
Not an arborist by no means, but I'd guess Red Oak. As for value - the lumber would probably be worth more to you than many places would pay you for it.

/ Help with ID of tree #3  
I vote white oak.

/ Help with ID of tree #4  
Not an arborist by no means, but I'd guess Red Oak. As for value - the lumber would probably be worth more to you than many places would pay you for it.

I concur with all of the above [including my lack of a forestry degree], except that while I KNOW [from the leaves] that it is oak, I don't know what type it is.

/ Help with ID of tree
I was thinking Oak so that makes me feel better. It is definitely a hard wood - made the saw work a bit to get through it!
THANKS!

/ Help with ID of tree
THANKS!
Seems something is killing a bunch of our trees, hate having to cut them down but the tops are dying out first then the rest of the tree slowly dies and starts rotting. Got two more big ones I need to stop sometime soon.....

/ Help with ID of tree #9  
Probably sudden oak death.

/ Help with ID of tree #10