Help with hose size

/ Help with hose size #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I am adding rear remotes to my FarmTrac that has a 7GPM pump. I have two routes to go, 1) Tap off the PB from the loader with the current 3/8" hose or 2) replumb with 1/2" hose. Here are the specifics. The loader valve has SAE8 ports in and out. The rear remote valve has SAE10 ports in and out. The hydraulic distribution block on the tractor has 3/8-19 BSPP ports.

1) If I build off the current setup I would add about 9' of 3/8" hose to the current 8' for a total of 17' of hose. This would go through the loader valve with SAE8 ports then the rear remote valve with larger ports.

2) Or I can replumb the whole thing with 1/2" hose. With this I would have a total of about 16' of hose and the rear remote valve with SAE10 ports would be first then the loader valve. All the elbows would be the same with either setup. 2a) If I go this route would it make much difference to change the 4' of 3/8" hose from the loader valve to the 3PH to 1/2" hose?

Would I see any difference in performance with either setup? The loader is slow enough I don't want to slow it down anymore.

Last edited:
   / Help with hose size #2  
G'day Eric you may as well keep to 3/8 as you are limited to how much oil flow you will get through your distribution block bigger lines do not neccesarily mean faster loader you have to be able to supply the oil fast enough too sorry just reread your post and realised you want it for remotes it depends on what you are planning on running of your remotes we usuallly plumb any remotes up with 1/2 but you would not have to do the whole system just from the PB through the control valve out to remots and back to tank (reservoir) hope this helps :)