Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
When feathering the LIFT of the three point hitch lift cylinder, there is a rather disagreeable region of control lever travel where the hydraulic system is blocked and flow is sent through the pressure relief before the lift cylinder receives any flow. This is evident by the sound emanating through the hydraulic system, the feel at the control lever, the way the engine slows with the load, and the fact that the lift does not move while this is going on.

Further movement of the control lever towards the full lift position does produce the lifting function, but the action is abrupt (Full relief pressure) and very difficult to modulate. The "closed" hydraulic circuit and associated noise and heating is also a bit disconcerting. The lift functions "perfectly" in all other aspects.

I would like a better action and feel to modulate and control the lift, especially when using a box blade or the York rake.

It seems that the lift valve is "out of time", but I can not imagine how that can be. It's like a "break before make" electrical switch.

I realize I may be spoiled with tractors that have both position and draft control. But even the 1950 Fordson does not show such a "dead band" in the 3 pth. lift.

Anyone have any ideas on how to "make it better" ?

TIA

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve #2  
The B7200 should have position control, if the reference rod is out of adjustment then it will act like you are describing.
I just went through this on one I have at the house.
There's a WSM online that will give you the information on how to properly adjust it.

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve
The B7200 should have position control, if the reference rod is out of adjustment then it will act like you are describing.
I just went through this on one I have at the house.
There's a WSM online that will give you the information on how to properly adjust it.

Yes, the FWD offerings had position control.

This HST 2wd E unit does not have position control.

But any adjustment that could work, I'm up for that.

The limit stops?... I'm good on those.

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve #4  
I don't remeber the 7200e having a different section on adjustment but I wasn't looking for it either.
Search for the WSM, the factory info is your best bet to make sure it's adjusted properly, there's at least one full wsm for free online.

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve
TMGT

I have the WSM. read and studied.

Not much there. ...

/ Help with a B7200 3pth lift hydraulic valve #6  
Well it sounds like the problem might be in the valve, hopefully someone that's been in one can help you out