Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors

/ Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #1  

W5FL

Veteran Member
Tractor
TYM T-1104/TX10 Loader Kubota M6800SD/LA1002 Loader Kubota RTV900
I have M6800 Kubota for over 20 years and it seems to use Ag Type connectors for all hydraulic fittings as do my Drill (planter), Post Driver, and hydraulic top link on Kubota M6800. I recently purchased new TYM T-1104 and all hydraulic fittings are similar but different and will not fit. Of course the 87 inch flail mower came with the same fitings as the tractor. Unfortunately the post puller (tree puller) came with flat faced (metric) connectors. Excuse the photograph as it was nightime, but I need to identify this connector series as I have never seen it before, and I have several on my new tractor. Any help with locating drawings would be helpful as would places to purchase.

I can post this in another forum if that would help. TIA.

Attachments

• 3C178B4D-E652-4E71-A5A7-BEA6A1FA43AA_1_105_c.jpeg
    3C178B4D-E652-4E71-A5A7-BEA6A1FA43AA_1_105_c.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 79
   / Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #3  
Hard to tell from pic but looks like flat face to me. Might be a different size than you are used to. The link msb posted shows the various sizes. DiscountHydraulichose.com has a similar chart that also covers all types of connections for hydraulics.

/ Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors
C07C83CC-EAF0-455C-AA1D-0E7BE324E197_1_105_c.jpegThis is a better photo. I believe it is a 1/2 inch ISO7241-1 Series A. Photo is on end of flail mower cable. These are the male connectors and the female quick locks are on the tractor. Click on photo to enlarge.

Do these replacements simply screw on end of cable using teflon tape or locktite?

Would you recommend leave tractor remotes alone or replace with old Ag type connectors or change to skid steer flat face connectors? This is supposed to be interchangable with old Ag type tractor remotes.

Last edited:
   / Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #5  
W5,
I believe that male connector has some form of O-ring seal which could be SAE O-ring or Metric. That nipple should unscrew from the hose and then you could measure the threads. If O-ring seal no thread sealant is required.

Your choice on changing ends but I personally am not a fan of flat face couplings.

Last edited:
   / Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #6  
I'd use your common sense and change the least number that you have to. If most of what you have are Ag fittings, change the rest to match those.

/ Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #7  
Flat face couplers suck IMO unless you get the real expensive ones that are made to connect under pressure. Otherwise there is no way to bleed or burp the coupler to connect if there is a little residual pressure due to thermal expansion.

ISO 5675 (AG) couplers, ISO 7241 series A and ISO 7241 series B ALL look VERY similar but none of them will interchange.

Kinda like the nipples for air tools and hoses. Look similar.....but wont interchange.

The coupler guide above is good. Identify what you have, change the least to make everything compatible

/ Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors
Thanks everyone for the assistance.

I'd use your common sense and change the least number that you have to. If most of what you have are Ag fittings, change the rest to match those.
I now own a bucket full of hydraulic quick connect connectors and changed the ones on my grain drill. I learned not to remove the connector while the drill was raised. Got about 1 gallon or so of hydraulic fluid all over me from the change when I unscrewed the quick attach connector.

Biggest revelation for me is that the Ag connectors from 2000 are different from recent production used on tractor equipment. I simply installed a new ISO-A on the grain drill and it fits both tractors from Kubota Vintage 1980 to TYM vintage 2022.

miss the simple pull and push of the old Kubota hydraulic connectors where the new ISO-A connectors require you to use two hands to change a connector to get the outside shell pushed back.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate it.

p.s. Planted (drilled) 17 acres oats today with 110 degree heat index in my new air conditioned TYM Cab!

Last edited:
   / Help to identify Hydraulic connectors on tractors #9  
miss the simple pull and push of the old Kubota hydraulic connectors where the new ISO-A connectors require you to use two hands to change a connector to get the outside shell pushed back.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate it.

p.s. Planted (drilled) 17 acres oats today with 110 degree heat index in my new air conditioned TYM Cab!
Get one of these welding clamp sets from Harbor Freight:

Open up the jaws with an angle grinder to fit the notch in the ag coupler shell:

P1090127c.jpg
P1090123b.jpg
P1090124b.jpg

It will open any pressure bound AG coupler with a pop and tiny spurt of oil. Wrap with a rag first to avoid a spill.

There are other tools out there to do this but all are much more expensive.