Help stop movement in post driver??!!??

/ Help stop movement in post driver??!!?? #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
I have an older HD8 Shaver post driver/pounder. When I mounted it on my 3215 Mahindra, it was only 1 inch off the ground. I thought that might not work so well going up and down hills. Therefore, I put it on the FEL. It works great with one exception. When the driving unit comes down, it rocks back - BADLY! For example, if I made not adjustments, I would start with a plumb post and by the time it was driven in 3' (7' post) it would be at least 3"off plumb at the top. :mad: Not to mention the damage it does to the post, and the inefficiency it introduced to the process (loss of energy driving the post down). Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how to improve the performance of the attachment? I was thinking of trying to block the quickattach plate to keep it from rocking back. I have already tried setting the post driver brace on two 6x6 blocks with downward pressure in the FEL. Any help will be appreciated.

/ Help stop movement in post driver??!!?? #2  
What component is allowing the movement? I.e. quick tach to loose, curl cylinders moving, quick tach to PHD attachment points, etc.

/ Help stop movement in post driver??!!??
What component is allowing the movement? I.e. quick tach to loose, curl cylinders moving, quick tach to PHD attachment points, etc.

I believe the curl cylinders slack

/ Help stop movement in post driver??!!??
I believe the curl cylinders slack
I actually blocked the back of the qa plate with post anchored by front tires. Worked ok but wouldn't stay