Help sending email to member

/ Help sending email to member #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Can someone tell me what the diference is between sending an email to another member and sending a private message to another member?

/ Help sending email to member #2  
Well I'll give this a try. A PM is thru TBN and a E-mail is thru your Internet provider.

/ Help sending email to member #3  
Can someone tell me what the diference is between sending an email to another member and sending a private message to another member?

Good question...I think the "private message" goes thru this site, that way he or she does not have to give their "off site" email.....(I think!) Hope this helped

/ Help sending email to member #4  
Keep in mind some members will have a PM also auto generate an email to their outside email box. But the sender still remains anonymous. Unless the sender gives his email address in a PM to the recipient in the body of the PM message, because he wants to communicate to him outside of TBN.

/ Help sending email to member #5  
Both the sender and the recipient remain somewhat anonymous; i.e., their e-mail addresses are not revealed.

/ Help sending email to member #6  
All of the above. I have a parts manual for a B7800 stored on my computer. I get requests for a copy from time to time from TBN members. I can only send it to them if they send me an email to my personal email address and I send a reply back to them with the file attached. Just the way my set up is for some reason. I've tried just sending it to their email address but it won't do it. An example of a legitimate reason for sharing email addresses. Can't send it by PM.

/ Help sending email to member #7  
Also, if I remember correctly, you can not use links in a PM through TBN, and of course you can in a private email.