Price Check Help pricing a 2720.

/ Help pricing a 2720. #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I am looking into trading in a 2320 for a new 2720.

The new package consists of a 2720, 200CX loader, 61" bucket, 62D deck, independent lift & diverter valve, front PTO for snow blower & 655 tiller.

Total list price of $28,274.
Total setup & delivery of $1,065.
Total discount of -$3,789.
Total price after discount & before tax is $25,550.00.

The trade in consists of a 2007 2320 with about 200 hours, 200CX loader, 61" bucket, 62D deck.

Allowance for trade is $11,900.

Difference of $13,650.

/ Help pricing a 2720. #2  
did you try the deal with keeping you're old loader and mower?

/ Help pricing a 2720. #3  
I would ask for $13k out the door with taxes and I'd feel that would be fair.

Why are you looking at such a minimal upgrade if you don't mind me asking. I would think you should go with a 3320 with those attachments so you benefit from the larger frame as well.

EDIT: Actually seeing your list of equipment I would say trade in both and get a 3520 w/ a cab

/ Help pricing a 2720.
did you try the deal with keeping you're old loader and mower?

I did not check it this time, but I have on other times.
It works out better trading everything. Very few buyers want just a tractor of this size, so the dealer does not allow as much in trade for just the tractor as they would with included implements.

/ Help pricing a 2720.
I would ask for $13k out the door with taxes and I'd feel that would be fair.

Why are you looking at such a minimal upgrade if you don't mind me asking. I would think you should go with a 3320 with those attachments so you benefit from the larger frame as well.

EDIT: Actually seeing your list of equipment I would say trade in both and get a 3520 w/ a cab

I need to explain the 4710. Although I own it, the only time I see it is when I need the backhoe or to lift something very heavy with the forks. The other time my son-in-law uses it in his landscape business.

The reason I am trading is for faster hydraulics & more power. This frame size tractor just works out best for me most of the time. I have a woodworking shop & use the loader a lot to move machines & lumber. My property is not level. The 2320 is short on power when the loader, forks & rear ballast are on. Then add a load on the forks & is is really short on power.

The tractor is also my mowing machine. I have never had a problem mowing with the 2320.

/ Help pricing a 2720. #6  
I need to explain the 4710. Although I own it, the only time I see it is when I need the backhoe or to lift something very heavy with the forks. The other time my son-in-law uses it in his landscape business.

The reason I am trading is for faster hydraulics & more power. This frame size tractor just works out best for me most of the time. I have a woodworking shop & use the loader a lot to move machines & lumber. My property is not level. The 2320 is short on power when the loader, forks & rear ballast are on. Then add a load on the forks & is is really short on power.

The tractor is also my mowing machine. I have never had a problem mowing with the 2320.

I don't want to try and talk you out of this purchase but you really won't see any extra lift capacity on the 2720. They have the same loader and it will max out at the same amount. There is a slight more amount of hydraulic flow to the 2720 but if you really want to see a big difference in lift you will see a big jump with a 3x20 series. Yes this means more money and a bigger frame, but if you need more lift your best option is a 3x20 series. Even if you got used to save a couple $$'s you would be better off in the long term as I would see you still needing more power/lift. It is a slightly larger machine and more money but that is your best long term option IMO.

/ Help pricing a 2720. #7  
2520 vs 2720 is horse power. 2520 is 26 hp. vs the 31.4 hp of the 2720 which was my selling point. I use a 5 foot bushhog with my 2720 and there lies the difference. Your call as per your needs.

/ Help pricing a 2720. #8  
Your pricing sounds reasonable. You might try pushing them to $13K even as a last effort. It's a hefty price for an upgrade but the 2720 is a very nice tractor. It sounds like you are fine with the loader performance and lift capacity so there is no need to push up to a larger tractor. I have both the 2720 and a 3320. The 2720 is my mower and handles a 6 foot flail or the MMM very well. The 3320 is too big for a lot of mowing needs and weigh's a lot more and it is noticeable. I have turf's on the 27 and R4's on the 33. I am happy with the turfs especially for mowing.

Cabs are great but are really in the way when mowing around the yard and also if you have to get on and off a lot. It really depends on your application and needs. Despite the small change on paper, there really is quite a difference between the 2320 and the 2720.

Enjoy your new ride!

/ Help pricing a 2720. #9  
I would not make this trade. To me, that is too much money to go into a tractor with very little additional capability in many areas, and no more in some. If you have any need at all for a 3000 series machine, for really a nominal over-time additional cost, you can get into a tractor that offers significantly more capability. I have nothing against the 2720, and like them, but they are not JD's best offering for dollar value. Some time ago, I mentioned that I tested a 2320 and 2720 on my property before going with the 2320. In what I do, there was absolutely no difference in performance between the two. Where one could tell a small difference would be in loader performance when doing repetitive lifting/work and perhaps HEAVY PTO work. But then, IMO, the 2720 would be taxed enough that one should be looking into the 3000 series anyway. If you have your heart set on a 2720, don't let me or others talk you out of it, but in my opinion you would likely be happier with a 3000 series machine to make the jump seem worthwhile.

John M

/ Help pricing a 2720.
Thanks for the replies. I would love to have a 3000 series, but it is to large for me to mow with on our property. I considered a zero turn & a 3000 series, but there is a large part of our property that cannot be mowed by a zero turn. If I would get a 3000 series, I would need another 4WD tractor for mowing. What I need is more power & a faster loader & to speed up mowing, but not a larger size tractor.
What I have decided to go with is the 2720 as described above & I am considering a Z655 zero turn mower to help speed up mowing.

I went to another dealer for a price & am glad I did. From this dealer I am getting the 2720 setup & trade listed above for a difference of $9,159.00. That price includes sales tax. If I add the Z655 to the deal, the difference is $15,068.00 including tax.

After adding sales tax to the first dealers quote, the Z655 is costing $261.00 by going with the second dealers quote.