Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #61  
Not sure if it was a Toyota electric but this
guy says not even close to the mileage they
are suppose to get and $1500 first time for
maintenance

willy

/ Help on new purchase #62  
I used to watch Tractor Time with Tim too.

Great entertainment, but take what he says with a grain of salt. He’s a paid shill for all things John Deere.

I have nothing against John Deere. That’s the label on my excavator.
I like watching Tim's videos from TTWT. I'm not a Deere "fan boy" at all, and I don't get that vibe from his videos that he is either. Obviously most of his videos have a green tractor providing the power for the tools he's using. But if that's all you focus on, you're missing the value of the videos. I approach watching his videos with a "color blind" view. The tractor just supplies the power to run the attachments. I think he does a great job of showcasing attachments for the SCUT-CUT market. Showing what's available, and more importantly, showing those tools (attachments) doing actual work on real projects in the field. I like the way he approaches the projects and I can often times see him approach a project differently than I would have, and I get to see the outcome results and I appreciate the examples.

He shows a lot of 3rd party vendors and their attachments, both 3pt and FEL mounted. I get to see them in action and judge with my own eyes if that would be a useful tool when adapted to what I may need them for. I find that much more useful than say some "other" video where you just get to see a camera walk around the attachment sitting in a parking lot and then a phone number and "buy this" request.

Tim has shown various mowers, stump grinders, mulchers, tree trimmers, shears, grapples, etc.. He's shown them in full light, the good and the bad. If one fails or breaks, he shows that too. I think he's very straight forward and honest in his reviews. I've put some attachments on my radar that I didn't even know existed from watching them on his videos, and I get to see them run in the field with various tractors and their known rated pto horse powers, to judge for myself if they will do what I need with the hp I have available to me.

Some of his business related videos are also interesting to watch and consider.

He does show videos of accessories for the Deere tractors that he has at home. They are still interesting to me, even though I don't have that brand or model. He does show some 3rd party bolt on kits to adapt hydraulic functions on the Deere's. That is also interesting to watch, even though I don't have a Deere, and I already have rear remotes. He's showing aftermarket add-ons as often as "factory Deere" kits. I don't call that "shilling".

I think you are too eager to dismiss him and you lose sight of the value of the content.

/ Help on new purchase #63  
I like watching Tim's videos from TTWT. I'm not a Deere "fan boy" at all, and I don't get that vibe from his videos that he is either. Obviously most of his videos have a green tractor providing the power for the tools he's using. But if that's all you focus on, you're missing the value of the videos. I approach watching his videos with a "color blind" view. The tractor just supplies the power to run the attachments. I think he does a great job of showcasing attachments for the SCUT-CUT market. Showing what's available, and more importantly, showing those tools (attachments) doing actual work on real projects in the field. I like the way he approaches the projects and I can often times see him approach a project differently than I would have, and I get to see the outcome results and I appreciate the examples.

He shows a lot of 3rd party vendors and their attachments, both 3pt and FEL mounted. I get to see them in action and judge with my own eyes if that would be a useful tool when adapted to what I may need them for. I find that much more useful than say some "other" video where you just get to see a camera walk around the attachment sitting in a parking lot and then a phone number and "buy this" request.

Tim has shown various mowers, stump grinders, mulchers, tree trimmers, shears, grapples, etc.. He's shown them in full light, the good and the bad. If one fails or breaks, he shows that too. I think he's very straight forward and honest in his reviews. I've put some attachments on my radar that I didn't even know existed from watching them on his videos, and I get to see them run in the field with various tractors and their known rated pto horse powers, to judge for myself if they will do what I need with the hp I have available to me.

Some of his business related videos are also interesting to watch and consider.

He does show videos of accessories for the Deere tractors that he has at home. They are still interesting to me, even though I don't have that brand or model. He does show some 3rd party bolt on kits to adapt hydraulic functions on the Deere's. That is also interesting to watch, even though I don't have a Deere, and I already have rear remotes. He's showing aftermarket add-ons as often as "factory Deere" kits. I don't call that "shilling".

I think you are too eager to dismiss him and you lose sight of the value of the content.
I watched him for years, but soured on him first when he went to promoting a health care scam. One that’s worked for some, but has thrown others under the bus.

I am not anti Deere. I had an excellent Deere skid steer for ten years, and my excavator is a Deere. Great products.

I still think he’s become something of a shill, and that he would better serve his audience by shopping his fleet a little. His focus seems to be promoting all things Deere more than on the job at hand.

In fairness, I have maybe watched three of his shows in the last eight months. Previously I was a regular viewer.

I was recently watching a series from a guy from Norway that has about four excavators, and other equipment. All different brands. He certainly has his favorites, although he doesn’t hate or rag on any of them . His focus, though, is on his work.

/ Help on new purchase #64  
They all seem to sell stuff. The last video I saw of TTwT he was on a Massey (at dealership) and didn't mention Deere, iirc.

Imho, he is not as bad as some. I watch these videos to learn about techniques and get how-to advice. I tune out when they compare their sponsor's tractors with others or try to sell them. I have no interest in just watching someone drive a tractor.

/ Help on new purchase #65  
They all seem to sell stuff. The last video I saw of TTwT he was on a Massey (at dealership) and didn't mention Deere, iirc.

Imho, he is not as bad as some. I watch these videos to learn about techniques and get how-to advice. I tune out when they compare their sponsor's tractors with others or try to sell them. I have no interest in just watching someone drive a tractor.
I usually enjoy most of TTWT's videos.

/ Help on new purchase #66  
I watched him for years, but soured on him first when he went to promoting a health care scam. One that’s worked for some, but has thrown others under the bus.

I am not anti Deere. I had an excellent Deere skid steer for ten years, and my excavator is a Deere. Great products.

I still think he’s become something of a shill, and that he would better serve his audience by shopping his fleet a little. His focus seems to be promoting all things Deere more than on the job at hand.

In fairness, I have maybe watched three of his shows in the last eight months. Previously I was a regular viewer.

I was recently watching a series from a guy from Norway that has about four excavators, and other equipment. All different brands. He certainly has his favorites, although he doesn’t hate or rag on any of them . His focus, though, is on his work.

I did ONE episode showing the results I had with Samaritan’s Ministries, a Christian health sharing service. This health sharing service has been great for us. They paid for my entire heart stent. The costs are quite low. Have never ‘promoted’ it…just shared my experience. Thought it might help folks. Without it, I could not have quit my day job (and corresponding benefits).

Be careful about throwing the baby out with the bath water. There was one similar company that defrauded its customers. With the transparency in Samaritan’s Ministries, I don’t see how that could happen with this company.

I bought a Kubota a year ago to have better understanding of another machine.

Not sure what I have done to make you dislike me so much, but that is fine.

Enjoy your day.

Last edited:
   / Help on new purchase #67  
Both of the "Samaritan's xx" that I am familiar with have had some amount of controversy or scrutiny over the years. I suspect that's the cost of doing work as a religious organization in today's society. Even if one or the other has been (called) a scam, there's certainly nothing wrong with offering a positive experience.
As far as TTWT, I haven't noticed anything unreasonable with his numerous videos, and enjoy watching them.

/ Help on new purchase #68  
I did not drive both no. I got a pretty thorough walkaround and demo of both and they both seem to be very good machines. I was leaning towards the LS due to being about $7-8k cheaper, but now that i think of it with 0% from deere vs 3.99% in the long run would be the same roughly. And there are some more convenience features on the deere.
Drive both, and try them with the mower deck engaged. I made the mistake of buying my ZTM just driving it around the dealership parking lot. First time I engaged the deck to mow it sounded like a jet taking off. I'd never have bought it if I knew. Not happy with it at all. Personally I think these are too big and awkward for residential mowing. OK for fields. Also consider soil compaction. The tractor w/MMM and FEL will weigh a ton. And pack down your grass.

I know many people love the Green Machine. My BIL bought the LS, I think it's an MT225e. NICE machine. I bought the Kioti over the Kubota because it was better value/performance for the money.

/ Help on new purchase #70  
Been a while since I was active here. Didn't know TTWT was on here. I watched a few of the 1025r videos to learn more about that machine recently. I thought the videos were well done, informative and pleasant to watch.

Howdy, Tim. Great to know you're here.