Mowing help on mower selection

/ help on mower selection #11  
Or you can try to get a Zero Turn Mower . It is faster than using the tractor. Lighter than the tractor so rut on lawn is zero. I was in the same situation before and can't decide which is better for my use and time. Asked around here and read on some other forum and decided to get a zero turn mower and I'm glad I did. Your miles may vary. Good luck on your purchase. :thumbsup:

/ help on mower selection #12  
I agree I had the same dilema. I went and got a zero turn mower instead of buying a finish mower. I have a CT335, and at 4000lbs I am sure i would have tore up the yard using it to just mow grass. There is a thrill at getting another useful attachment for the tractor, but when the yard is wet..the 800lb zero turn even leaves marks and missing sod at times. Guess it makes a difference on the turf to be mowed.

/ help on mower selection #13  
We have a special deal going on the GM35-84 First Choice Finish Mower with anti scalp roller and blue in color at $1995 + cheap shipping. Limited qtys available. Spec sheet below. Ken Sweet
First Choice Equipment

/ help on mower selection
yes i was thinking of a zero turn but can't find anything cheaper than 5 grand unless it has a bad motor or a small deck.Plus with a 2 and 8 year old it's hard cutting the grass with them on a zero turn.I went to a landpride dealer and they gave me a price of 3,300.00 plus tax i think it seems a little high but looks better built than the bobcat finish mower going to have to make some phone calls to see if i can find a better price.may have to do some traveling:(

/ help on mower selection #15  
I started watching craigslist and picked up a 84 inch landpride for $500. It was blowing oil from the vent but after fixing that it runs strong. I used:

searchtempest.com

It allows you to search multiple CL at once

good luck

/ help on mower selection #16  
.Plus with a 2 and 8 year old it's hard cutting the grass with them on a zero turn.:(

Not sure what you mean by the above statement but looks like you know what you need/want :thumbsup:. If I understand you correctly... I will not hold anyone or anything when using any equipment specially ride along. Good luck on your purchase.

/ help on mower selection #17  
louigison,

Don't know where you're from but I'd probably take Ken Sweet up on that 84" FM he's mentioned. I'm searching for an 84" unit myself and if you're wanting a new unit, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I've looked for over a year at 72" & 84" finish mowers. I think all your major brands are going to serve you well so long as you don't misuse or mistreat the equipment IMHO. I did recently find a BUHLER FARM KING Y750 (84") as a left over and the dealer has it down to $1695 to move it. Its green and I have an orange (Kioti) tractor. I know, I can always buy orange paint.....LOL:laughing:

(PLEASE take this in a humble and caring manner...)As for NOTV8's comments, I agree that if you are letting kids ride with you (which is what we're reading b/w the lines in your comments).....I'd rethink that one. It is way too easy to slip and fall. I will be honest and say that I did it too a few times w/ my 7yr old (now 8yrs old). But after watching the safety video about tractors flipping, I took a whole new stance on safety....& I work in the "safety" field myself. Sometimes we just need a friendly reminder. Those babies of yours are too precious and you'll hate yourself for it if something happens......not preaching here, but just say'n.

Oh, and if you've not picked up on the rules here at TBN.....we have to have pictures here.....so, when you do get something, please show it off:thumbsup:

/ help on mower selection #18  
louigison,

Don't know where you're from but I'd probably take Ken Sweet up on that 84" FM he's mentioned. I'm searching for an 84" unit myself and if you're wanting a new unit, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I've looked for over a year at 72" & 84" finish mowers. I think all your major brands are going to serve you well so long as you don't misuse or mistreat the equipment IMHO. I did recently find a BUHLER FARM KING Y750 (84") as a left over and the dealer has it down to $1695 to move it. Its green and I have an orange (Kioti) tractor. I know, I can always buy orange paint.....LOL:laughing:

(PLEASE take this in a humble and caring manner...)As for NOTV8's comments, I agree that if you are letting kids ride with you (which is what we're reading b/w the lines in your comments).....I'd rethink that one. It is way too easy to slip and fall. I will be honest and say that I did it too a few times w/ my 7yr old (now 8yrs old). But after watching the safety video about tractors flipping, I took a whole new stance on safety....& I work in the "safety" field myself. Sometimes we just need a friendly reminder. Those babies of yours are too precious and you'll hate yourself for it if something happens......not preaching here, but just say'n.

Oh, and if you've not picked up on the rules here at TBN.....we have to have pictures here.....so, when you do get something, please show it off:thumbsup:

FWIW. When my oldest Son (now 45) was still home, he was riding on the fender of our 40 JD with FEL and a log in the loader bucket. Got on a little slope and the tractor right side started to slowly start coming off the ground. I did not have time to drop the log or lower the loader because I was busy telling my Son to get off quick and run down the hill. When He got clear, I jumped off and followed him. The tractor rolled over. We were extremely lucky no one got hurt and the tractor only suffered a broken muffler and bent steering wheel. Be Safe. No riders. Ken Sweet

thanks for the concern about the kids but when you work 12 hours a day 5 days a week and your wife works 12 hour shifts on the week end it's hard to find time to do things on your own i just am more carefull and take my time.As far as pics i have tried to post but can't seem to fiqure it out but will keep trying. tractor.jpg i tried something for yhe pic hope it works.

i found a bush hog rdth84 on craigslist but according to bush hogs specs it is rated for a minimum of 30 pto horse power do you guys think it would work on the ct235 since it's rated at 26 or should i keep looking?