Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #11  
I would strongly advise against gear drive unless you're doing a lot of field work. Having gone from gear drive to hydro, there is no way I would ever go back to gear drive except for field work in a larger tractor.

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor
I would strongly advise against gear drive unless you're doing a lot of field work. Having gone from gear drive to hydro, there is no way I would ever go back to gear drive except for field work in a larger tractor.

Most work will be brush hogging....and hauling brush etc...the gear drive seem less likely to have tranny issues ??n 700.00 less too

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #13  
Most work will be brush hogging....and hauling brush etc...the gear drive seem less likely to have tranny issues ??n 700.00 less too

Welcome to TBN..................

I will say don't rule out a hydro transmission. A gear model is cheaper but for $700 difference at least consider a hydro.
I've owned and driven many gear tractors over the past 40 years. Back in 2004 I was looking for a new tractor and a gear model wasn't available on the lot. I tried and was hesitant but bought a hydro tractor and now I wouldn't go back to gear. In 2014 I bought my current hydro tractor, this one with a cab for our severe winter snowfalls. I've brush hogged many acres without any problems. They hydro really shines doing loader work and snow plowing.

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #15  
   / Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #16  

Depends how important $700 is to you. I can say for me, knowing what I know now, I'd gladly pay $700 for the convenience of a hydro tranny. No questions asked. It may seem like a lot of money now, but when you spread it out over all the years of ownership, it's really just pennies.