Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #1  

cvcman

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere
XJ2025

Ok I am not having much luck finding a used 4x4 small tractor with loader...I see a place near me has brand new LS2025 4x4 with loader gear drive for 13,895.00 delivered no tax....my ?

1) how well will this pull a 5ft brush hog
2) how well will it bucket and move snow with loaded rears ?
3) how well made are they ?
4) also turf or industrial tires better in snow/mud

for the money....is there a better option?

Thank you

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #2  
cvc, I am new to LS myself. I had a Ford 9N and now a G3033H. I went with the 3033 because of the HP and the weight. I have 40 acres and it is hilly. I use the bucket to clear the woods for trails and food plots. I brush hog part of my pasture and woods trails. The first job I did was fix a trail on a downhill slope that had a big dip at the bottom. it was quite dangerous going in and out. The loader did pretty good and I have a nice soft transition but I would say I needed every bit that tractor had. I also have rolled some big stumps out with it. They had to be ready to come out though, green ones don't budge much. Both the 9N and G3033H ran my 5' Brush hog well. My 9N had 20ish HP at the PTO but that was the factory spec new. My 9n was a 1941, it ran great but who knows if I really got the factory HP. My guess and sorry that is all I can offer on your model is that is has the HP and lift capability at the 3 point. Not sure how high it will lift the BH if you are in hilly country that might be a concern.

So my "Guess" is you could do it but it would be pushing it. If the dealer tells you the same thing I think you should hear him out.

I got loaded tires and I have good traction but I have AG tires and my tractor weighs about 2,800#

I was not sure if I wanted the hydrostatic but with all the loader work I have done and even brush hogging I am glad I got it. Of course the 9N was Live hyd and stick shift so there is no comparison there. I am getting spoiled by the hydro.

How well are they made? Well I love mine, fit and finish is great.

As far as tires, I almost think I should have gotten the industrial tires. I don't have much lawn but the AG tires tear up the ground BAD just going over it if the ground is even a tad soft. I have hilly land and figured I needed the most aggressive tire. Well traction was only an issue once and I got out of a tuff spot so who knows if I chose right or not. In the back of my head I keep thinking the AG tires are too aggressive and maybe I should have stepped down to the IT. Turf tires would not be good for me with my hills so that's a no. If you got chains for the winter and your land is flatter I don't think your tire choice would matter less. Chains fix a lot. I use them on a Cub Cadet lawn tractor with turf tires year round because of my hills. That little 2wd needed help just mowing up hill, ha.

Good luck!
Bill

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor
Wow thx for. The info...wonder how the Kubota 20hp stacks up

cvc, I am new to LS myself. I had a Ford 9N and now a G3033H. I went with the 3033 because of the HP and the weight. I have 40 acres and it is hilly. I use the bucket to clear the woods for trails and food plots. I brush hog part of my pasture and woods trails. The first job I did was fix a trail on a downhill slope that had a big dip at the bottom. it was quite dangerous going in and out. The loader did pretty good and I have a nice soft transition but I would say I needed every bit that tractor had. I also have rolled some big stumps out with it. They had to be ready to come out though, green ones don't budge much. Both the 9N and G3033H ran my 5' Brush hog well. My 9N had 20ish HP at the PTO but that was the factory spec new. My 9n was a 1941, it ran great but who knows if I really got the factory HP. My guess and sorry that is all I can offer on your model is that is has the HP and lift capability at the 3 point. Not sure how high it will lift the BH if you are in hilly country that might be a concern.

So my "Guess" is you could do it but it would be pushing it. If the dealer tells you the same thing I think you should hear him out.

I got loaded tires and I have good traction but I have AG tires and my tractor weighs about 2,800#

I was not sure if I wanted the hydrostatic but with all the loader work I have done and even brush hogging I am glad I got it. Of course the 9N was Live hyd and stick shift so there is no comparison there. I am getting spoiled by the hydro.

How well are they made? Well I love mine, fit and finish is great.

As far as tires, I almost think I should have gotten the industrial tires. I don't have much lawn but the AG tires tear up the ground BAD just going over it if the ground is even a tad soft. I have hilly land and figured I needed the most aggressive tire. Well traction was only an issue once and I got out of a tuff spot so who knows if I chose right or not. In the back of my head I keep thinking the AG tires are too aggressive and maybe I should have stepped down to the IT. Turf tires would not be good for me with my hills so that's a no. If you got chains for the winter and your land is flatter I don't think your tire choice would matter less. Chains fix a lot. I use them on a Cub Cadet lawn tractor with turf tires year round because of my hills. That little 2wd needed help just mowing up hill, ha.

Good luck!
Bill

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #4  
I looked at Kubota and Kioti before I looked at LS. The Kubota was 2-3k more and the dealer was a real jerk to me. I really liked the Kioti but the nearest dealer was 90miles and they were going to charge for delivery. The LS dealer is only 19miles away and he delivered free without even an issue. In fact he picked up my 9N in trade at the same time. It took a few weeks after I signed for the LS to get it. In the mean time I had the 9N to use for my mowing and grading (about all I could do with it).

You owe it to yourself to look around but you will probably pay more for a Kubota. They are good machines from what I hear but so is LS and Kioti.

I will send you a PM for another option for you.

Regards,
Bill

How funny I read this now...I too called a Kubota dealer about 15 miles from me...the guy was a total JERK ! Told him what I was looking for and that I had looked at LS...bad mouthed LS right off the bat...something the LS dealer did not do on ANY brand...

Then he told me about his tractor,,,I asked him wht size tires his had..." not sure I don't memorize tire sizes"...ok well can you compare the two tractors and tell me where Kubota is better..." don't you have internet ?, you can look all this up online"

I said "well seeing as how YOU re the dealer I ASSume YOU know the answers....he said " give me your number ill call you back....6 hrs later...still no call..Im pretty sure he knows the answers already,,,The Kubota has smaller tires, lighter weight by a lot, less lift cap by a lot......The LS dealer is the greatest guy ,,,pulled all the info on the Kubota right then in 2 seconds,,,plus he KNEW his tractor specs

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #7  
I it really comes down to if u have a dealer somewhat close to you. The furthest im looking at is about 1.5 hrs away. Im not really set on any one brand. At first i was looking to acquire a kubota but i have scratched that idea considering there tier 4 problems. Even though a guy could encounter those problems with another brand. My dad had me thinking about a massey and i have priced them as well and looked at used. While the prices seem decent i find myself reverting back to LS. I know the bucket height for some is a concern but not so much for me. It really just comes down to price and what a guy gets. The regen on LS seems excessive. Im unaware of massey regenin as often but I also wonder if you dont work them as hard how often you would have to regen them as well given the tasks of say when a guy cuts wood and your using the loader to move your wood from one place to another. You wont be running the machine for very long. Either way a guy can really go back and forth. Im just glad ive been researching the idea for the last 6 months and still not gonna buy for another to 2-3 months yet. I do plan on test driving the LS when i get home as I work away from home. Im leaning towards the hyro idea b/c i think that would serve me better rather than switching gears. My dads kubuta is the conventional drive and Ive used it numerous times without any complaints. But i think that new technology will be better and just easier for operating.

If i found a sweet deal id certainly be pulling the trigger on a used. But i havent came across that sweet deal that made me think i better purchase now b/c that deal is just too good to pass up. The sub compact tractors seem to hold there value well. When i purchased my link belt excavator i considered that a sweet deal. I purchased it for 28k in great condition. Used it for three years and then sold it for 32k. It was biggest machine you could get with a blade. I used it for septic installations, basement digging, tree removal, fence row cleaning and building pads. Really a great overall machine. I havent seen a deal like that yet. Oh well thats why this stuff is fun to talk about

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #8  
How funny I read this now...I too called a Kubota dealer about 15 miles from me...the guy was a total JERK ! Told him what I was looking for and that I had looked at LS...bad mouthed LS right off the bat...something the LS dealer did not do on ANY brand...

Then he told me about his tractor,,,I asked him wht size tires his had..." not sure I don't memorize tire sizes"...ok well can you compare the two tractors and tell me where Kubota is better..." don't you have internet ?, you can look all this up online"

I said "well seeing as how YOU re the dealer I ASSume YOU know the answers....he said " give me your number ill call you back....6 hrs later...still no call..Im pretty sure he knows the answers already,,,The Kubota has smaller tires, lighter weight by a lot, less lift cap by a lot......The LS dealer is the greatest guy ,,,pulled all the info on the Kubota right then in 2 seconds,,,plus he KNEW his tractor specs
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/314457-bending-metal-loader.html?highlight=ls+loader+links

... The Kubs will not do this.
larry

/ Help ? on LS 2025 loader tractor #9  
I own a LS 2023 - same tractor just a different dash & seat. LS has been making tractors for a very long time , just under different names such as New Holland & McCormick. They started selling under their own name in 2009. They are probably the best tractor for the money because of this. As far as the 2025 - It will definitely surprise you w/its capabilities. It surpasses all other brands in the same hp by a large margin. Try comparing online specs from the other manufacturers & you will see the difference. As far as dealers- try giving Setaro Motors in Waterbury, Ct. a call. I drove 4hrs. to buy from them. Talk to Guy. Excellent to deal with.
XJ2025

Ok I am not having much luck finding a used 4x4 small tractor with loader...I see a place near me has brand new LS2025 4x4 with loader gear drive for 13,895.00 delivered no tax....my ?

1) how well will this pull a 5ft brush hog
2) how well will it bucket and move snow with loaded rears ?
3) how well made are they ?
4) also turf or industrial tires better in snow/mud

for the money....is there a better option?

Thank you

Is 13,800 a good price with loaded rears delivered, no tax? :laughing:

UOTE=antlers125;4173702]I own a LS 2023 - same tractor just a different dash & seat. LS has been making tractors for a very long time , just under different names such as New Holland & McCormick. They started selling under their own name in 2009. They are probably the best tractor for the money because of this. As far as the 2025 - It will definitely surprise you w/its capabilities. It surpasses all other brands in the same hp by a large margin. Try comparing online specs from the other manufacturers & you will see the difference. As far as dealers- try giving Setaro Motors in Waterbury, Ct. a call. I drove 4hrs. to buy from them. Talk to Guy. Excellent to deal with.[/QUOTE]