Buying Advice Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #1  

Hearth

Tractor
1989 CASE IH 245, MFWD
As always, I come here first for assistance..... I went to look at and drove:

#1. X390 (22HP, 48" Accel,Power Steering and Power Lift) List Price $5,399.00

#2. X570 (24 HP, 48" Accel, NO power steering and NO Power Lift) List Price $5,999.00

I was pleasantly surprised on the X570 by the mechanism to maneuver the mower deck.... very easy AND I was amazed at the ease of steering with NO power on it as well.

My question is..... better to go with the top of the line X300 or the bottom of the line X570? .....am I smart to go for the X570 and get the obviously heavier duty tractor OR to just save a few dollars and have the ease of power steering/power lift.

I mow pretty much flat 2 acres with some garden beds and several trees. I am NOT planning on using the tractor for anything other than mowing.... so NO snowblowing or earth movement or towing.

I think either tractor will be great.... but again,

Thanks so much for your thoughts.....

Gary

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #2  
Seems like a lot of comparisons between mowers and lawn and garden tractors end up comparing the transmissions. Most everything else is similar, but the tranny will determine the price and how and what you can do with it.

My LT180 has lasted 12 years, cutting a bit more than an acre of almost flat yard. It only has about 300 something hours on it. I admit, I have never serviced the K46 tranny. It does groan a little when cold for a few feet, but I'm gentle with it. I plan to service it hopefully soon by disassembling and adding a drain plug. If it needs some parts, we will see about it then.

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #3  
Thanks so much for your thoughts.....

The X570 would be a better deal. You'll get a much sturdier tractor for only a 10% difference in price. I've had a X500 for 5 years, it's a mean green grass cutting machine! :D

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #4  
If it were me I would skip the x570 and compare the x 390 and the x590 mowers.

If the budget allows I would get the x590 and never look back. Fuel injected engines seem to have less problems with the modern ethanol type fuels and can sit longer without having any issues. Carbs were fine with the older gas but are more problematic today if the mower sits a few months at a time. Even with fuel stabilizers added the mere fact that the carb is open to the air seems to dry them out and causes problems today that did not exist before the ethanol gas was introduced. My take on this get fuel injected motors where you have a choice.

Other than the fuel systems the x390 at a much lower cost will work for flat lawns pretty well. The x590 will also work for the same flat lawn and should last longer. The x590 will travel faster with the k72 transaxle and should be bullet proof, no worries about straining the mower over the years.

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #5  
Go right to the X590 and thank me later- Gives you everything the X390 does plus K72- Bigger stronger engine, constant speed governor and EFi

Don't get me wrong the X390 is a fine machine, well built with a host of features. Just a lot more "tractor" with X590

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570
Gentlemen, thanks so much for your help... I think I am convinced that the 590 is the way to go....

Will let you know.... thanks again,

Gary

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #7  
Smoothas and jenkinsph are right about the x590 - I just bought a used one last week and it is incredible. Lightyears away from my L130 (which the transmission is dieing for the 2nd time). You will shave off 30-40 minutes without a doubt with the 590 and with the power steering/K72 you will be bulletproof. I am VERY happy with my X590 and glad I went and got the better model.

Go for it!!

/ Help on Choosing.... X390 vs X570 #8  
I went through this same decision process last year and ended up going with the X590. My two biggest priorities were to choose a mower with a strong transmission and one that was wife-friendly.

My wife is not good with machines and has no interest in learning about machines. She just wants to hop on and go. The X590's fuel injected motor allows her to turn the key hot or cold and it starts right up every time. After using it the first time she said "its easier to use than my car".

After a year I still love the X590 and it does all I've ever asked of it.