Help!! Not invaded but can't reply

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
Help!! Not invaded but can\'t reply

For some reason I can't reply to any of the post. I have logged out, cleaned out temp files/cookies but still can not reply or quote any post. It just takes me to my mail page.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Murph

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #2  
Re: Help!! Not invaded but can\'t reply

<font color="purple"> For some reason I can't reply to any of the post. I have logged out, cleaned out temp files/cookies but still can not reply or quote any post. It just takes me to my mail page. </font>

I think the thread got locked to stifle comment /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The so-called "opt-out" for double click does not work. I am not surprised; they are well known as one of the biggest privacy invaders on the Internet.

The right-hand John Deere ad is most annoying. Yes, you can resize the window to mask it, but why should we have to accomodate like that on our favorite web site?

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The right-hand John Deere ad is most annoying. Yes, you can resize the window to mask it, but why should we have to accomodate like that on our favorite web site? )</font>

Perhaps that ad is helping make this web site possible.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #4  

<font color="blue"> Perhaps that ad is helping make this web site possible. </font>
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #5  

It may be annoying, but it appears that the folks at Deere have figured out they will reach more people at www.tractorbynet.com than they will at www.deere.com

Not everyone here likes the annoying ads, but everyone here likes the free site! Sometimes you can't have one without the other! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #6  

I don't mind the ads but I don't like the spyware.

John

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #7  

My mind must tune these things out or something...

This thread and another one got me interested in this add that is being talked about...and low and behold there it was!

Never really noticed it...guess I focus too much on the forum headers or something... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yes, I am being honest, believe it or not...

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Never really noticed it )</font>

And I still have no idea what everyone is talking about. I didn't (intentionally or knowingly at least) "opt out" of anything, but I haven't seen what's being described. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #9  

Bird… TBN is running John Deere advertising and they have elected to use Double Click (Spyware company) to embed their spy software on your PC to track what you do and where you go on the internet. Spyware is becoming a major security/privacy issue in the computer industry. Most computer users have no idea that their Internet activity is being monitored; sometimes by dozens spyware programs. For example, earlier this week I received a call from one of my clients that complained that some of their PCs were running slow. On one of the PCs I found 27 spyware programs running, one was Double Click. I removed the spyware and system performance returned to normal.

I suspect that congress will enact legislation that will make spyware illegal. Until that happens, I would install a spyware blocker and hope that it blocks it from your machine. If you want an eye opener, install SpyBot and set it up so that it notifies you every time it blocks a spyware attempt.

I have many PCs as a result of being in the software development business. I dedicate one PC, which is isolated from all of my production PC that I use for unsecured Internet activity. If I try to access TBN with one of my secure PCs that blocks Double Click, I cannot read any of the posts on TBN.

Hear is a recent article from PC World that talks about spyware Spyware

/ Help!! Not invaded but can't reply #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And I still have no idea what everyone is talking about. I didn't (intentionally or knowingly at least) "opt out" of anything, but I haven't seen what's being described )</font>

Funny.. at work, on my office computer, I see he adware. At home now.. and no adware.. weird.. I didn't opt out either.

Soundguy