Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor

/ Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor #1  

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X
Can anyone identify this tractor?

It looks to me like a grey market Japanese CUT, given what looks like rice paddy rear
tires. The FEL looks home-built. The 'S' logo makes me think of Satoh or Shibaura, but
I have not found any logos like that yet.

I only have these pix to go by. I do not know the engine type or maker yet.

Attachments

• Satoh_1.jpg
    Satoh_1.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Satoh_2a.jpg
    Satoh_2a.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Satoh_3.jpg
    Satoh_3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 151
   / Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor #2  
Here is a list of manufacturers. Scroll down to "S." But, the "S" may be for the retailer that sold it, not the maker.

TractorData.com - Farm tractors

Satoh and Ford made some with headlights in the center area of the grill.

Blue may not be the original color, as it appears to be on hoses, fittings, tires, etc.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor #3  
I almost think there would be a plate on the motor somewhere that would clue you in. ???

/ Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor
Here is a list of manufacturers. Scroll down to "S."

Lots of tractors listed on Tractordata.com, but not too many photos. I am hoping someone
has seen something like this. Just finding a good photo of an 'S' tractor logo on the internet
is not easy.

/ Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor #5  
It is a Shibaura tractor. Not sure about the model though. Maybe it's a SU or SD series.

Here is a picture to confirm the logo. Pretty much just searched for Shibaura.

(click to zoom)

SU134D-17161-3.jpg

EDIT: Just found the model. It's a Shibaura SD1400

SHIBAURASD1400-10073.JPG

It is a Shibaura tractor. Not sure about the model though. Maybe it's a SU or SD series.

Here is a picture to confirm the logo. Pretty much just searched for Shibaura.

(click to zoom)

View attachment 566029

EDIT: Just found the model. It's a Shibaura SD1400

View attachment 566030

Fantastic! Thx, Pedro!

I did searches for Satoh, Shibaura, and Suzue. and had lots of hits, but not so many
pix. I was pretty sure it is Japanese. It has 2-cyl diesel engine.

I hope you are far from your summer wildland fires. It is a bit smoky here, but it has been
worse.

/ Help me identify the make/model of this compact 4x4 tractor #7  
No problem! These grey market tractors are quite common here. I knew I've seen something along those lines over here. Although that somewhat extreme paint job can cause some confusion.

I'm around 280 miles away from the fires. I live in the middle of Portugal, close to the coast.

Last year, was the worst year ever. Around 70% of the upper half of the country burned. Over 120 people lost their lives and thousands lost theirs houses and belongings. However it is still early August, so lots of time for more fires and lots of stuff to burn still.

I've also been following the fires over in California. Lots of destruction and lost lives unfortunately. Those are really massive compared to this ones! I mean, one of those Boeing 747 with fire retardant could put out half of the fire we have here.

I've also been following the fires over in California. Lots of destruction and lost lives unfortunately. Those are really massive compared to this ones! I mean, one of those Boeing 747 with fire retardant could put out half of the fire we have here.

Yeah, the Mendocino Complex fire is now over 300,000 acres. We are getting that smoke 150 miles away.

A bunch of these greys have been imported here, mostly Yanmars, it seems.