Sickle Bar help identify jd sickle mower

/ help identify jd sickle mower #1  

revg62

Tractor
new holland 3415
i picked this up recently,the model #/ s/n tag is missing.any idea what model this may be? one of the part numbers on a casting is:h1112-h.i appreciate any info you can give.thanks,revg62.

Attachments

• DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 1,993
  • DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG
    583.2 KB · Views: 2,981
   / help identify jd sickle mower #2  
revg62, Good morning.

Can't be sure, but looks like it might be a model #39.

Dave

/ help identify jd sickle mower #3  
i picked this up recently,the model #/ s/n tag is missing.any idea what model this may be? one of the part numbers on a casting is:h1112-h.i appreciate any info you can give.thanks,revg62.

I had the same problem with the rear blade which came with my tractor. I went to the JDparts website https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90.jdparts.view.publicservlets.HomeUnsigned, regestered, and put in a type of (for me) blade. Then I wrote each possible model and went to the on-line parts manual John Deere - Parts Catalog and compared each model until I pinned it down through process of elimination.

Takes a little time, but it worked for me.

/ help identify jd sickle mower #4  
Go to Tractorhouse.com,look under sicklemowers.Someone selling #39 JD.(good pictures). I think Dave-O is right.Hope it helped ya.
BOONE

/ help identify jd sickle mower #5  
Go to Tractorhouse.com,look under sicklemowers.Someone selling #39 JD.(good pictures). I think Dave-O is right.Hope it helped ya.

BOONE

There were 2 different 39 JD mowers...a 39N and and 39W...yeah, you guessed it one is for "Narrow" and one is for "Wide"...depending on the width of the rear wheels. Check how far out the shoe is from the centerline of the large primary PTO pulley. Depending on which type tractor you have whether you might want to check this out. The shoe should be just behind your rear wheel or a small amount out from it. PS: we had a 39N. BobG in VA

/ help identify jd sickle mower
thanks so much for all the help.after much digging i found the id tag inside the housing.how it got there who knows? type e039m s/n 020535.looked on jd parts,nothing comes up.at least now i have a starting point! thanks again,revg62.

/ help identify jd sickle mower #7  
went to J.d typed 39,-- only got belts & cutting sections

/ help identify jd sickle mower #9  
I don't know about others, and maybe it is just my ignorance of their site, but I find it NOT user friendly when looking up parts for my machinery
again, maybe it is just me.

/ help identify jd sickle mower
cyril,thanks for the help.now the journey begins.i keep finding myself projects (other people's junk!) appreciate it! revg62.