HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover #1  

Tuckerdog11

Tractor
Kubota BX25DLB
I have a 2014 BX25D, it is leaking about 1 drop a day of hydraulic fluid a day from the bottom of rear PTO shaft housing, the same housing that the PTO guard mounts to. Yes it's under warranty and yes I took it to the dealer, when they returned it to me two weeks later and said they "went over it with a fine tooth comb" and could not find any leaks I knew then we were no where close to the same page. Bottom line I either have to take it to another city many miles from us and rent a trailer or figure it out myself and do it right, any tips on pulling and resealing this housing?

Any advice is appreciated,

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover #2  
Can you post a picture of the leak area?

Mark

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover
image.jpg

Right where the atv sealant is showing

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover
image.jpg

And this about 1 months worth of oil

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover #5  
1 drop a day is not much to worry with wait untill you need service or something else is wrong then show dealer were the leak is

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover #6  
I have a BX24 that recently started leaking from that PTO cover. Had the sealant showing there too.

It was an easy fix; there is no gasket there, it is sealed with RTV. Took it apart, cleaned & re-sealed it, & its been fine ever since.

There is a countershaft whose bearing sits in that bump-out to the left of the PTO shaft, & someone else here recently had a small problem getting that back in after it pulled out with the cover. I avoided that by holding it back with a thin screwdriver once the cover was slightly free. I used a heavy bodied RTV (Ultra Grey?), just snugged the bolts until the sealant cured overnight, tightened in the morning.

Also, I remember there was a little bit of fanageling with the shaft that the PTO guard swings on, but it was no big deal.

/ HELP:BX25 Leaking at bottom of PTO shaft cover #7  
Food for thought, did you try using a rag above the pto .Reason I ask, and not trying to be a wise a-- , is that I thought I had a hydro leak,and I found that it was actually coming from a hose that was weeping a bit and running down the block. Fixed the hose and no more leak. Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet