Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000
The remotes can be just a simple valve stack mounted on the fender so the levers are within reach. He'd only need to fabricate a mount for the valves and one for the quick connects, and run some hoses.

Top cylinders are easy to find. Tilt not so much- there's only a few and how they fit on tractors varies more. So there might be some fab work there too.
What about the tie in to the tractor itself. I suppose that this is a Kubota sourced solution only?

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #12  
What about the tie in to the tractor itself. I suppose that this is a Kubota sourced solution only?
The FEL valve "might" have a Power Beyond" port? If so, a hose from it to the input of the fender mounted valve will provide power. A "Tank" line will need to be added to return unused fluid back to the tractor. it's possible the tank line on the existing FEL valve could be T'd to the added valve tank line for simplicity.

If the FEL valve is not equipped with a PB port we have a problem.

Is this model tractor even available with a factory rear remote?

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #13  
Not familiar with the MX5000, but I did my 5100. There is a link in my signature

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #14  
"Is this model tractor even available with a factory rear remote?"

Hydraulic section says
Valves:3 (optional)

From the info presented so far, looks like it may be time to "count the hoses" - as in, is it 6 or 7... (hoping it's 7, being that it's usually easier to find a place for a tank return than looking for a non-existent PB port)

If you "get lucky", I'd recommend putting together your own version of a "stack" valve, you can spec those with as many sections/types as you want. Individual sections can be spring return or detent, with or without float, motor control, solenoid controlled, etc - several years ago I got mine from Surplus Center. You pick an input module, output module, ANY COMBO of intermediate sections, the right length bolts, rig up a comfortable mount location, etc - Plus, if you plan ahead some you can put different types of sections IN WHATEVER ORDER YOU WANT (Ergonomics can be your best friend, or your worst enemy)

Personally, I would NEVER do this without AT LEAST one extra section.

Check out the Prince SV options here

Good luck... Steve

Last edited:
   / Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #15  

Kubotas use standard hydraulic fittings like everyone else does. Loader valves tend to use something other than the most common JIC and NPT fittings but they'll be a standard one.

The loader's power beyond very likely goes to the 3pt now. Pretty much all modern CUTS are set up like this. Your friend would just put the new valves in line between those, with the PB from the new valves feeding the 3pt and the tank line from the new valve teed into the tank line from the loader.

And yea, add at least one extra spool.