Hello from Norway

/ Hello from Norway #1  

stokkegard

Tractor
Foton 354 and Zetor Proxima Power 85
Hi,
My name is Tor Stokke and I am a 64 years old small hobby farmer in the south of Norway. We keep icelandic horses for riding and we grow the grass to feed them, either as dry hay or as pretty well dried silage packed in plastic film.
I own a 2010 Zetor Proxima Power 85 and a 2009 Foton Europard 354. I am a naval architect by trade and have worked in both ship design, small craft design and oil rig design here in Norway. Look forward to many interesting discussions on Tractors.

Br,

Tor Stokke

/ Hello from Norway #2  
Hello Tor.

Would love to see photos of both your farm and horses.

/ Hello from Norway #3  
:welcome: to TBN Tor...enjoy.

/ Hello from Norway #4  
Good morning Tor. Welcome to TBN & this forum. YES - pictures would be fantastic. I've never been to Norway. My mother's side of the family all came from Norway. Somewhere in Gudbrandsdalen Valley, near Lillehammer. Their family farm is still there - run by distant cousins. From the pictures I've seen a lot of their farm is pretty steep.

/ Hello from Norway #5  
Nice to have you here with us Tor! I'm also a bit Norwegian and grew up on a glacier lake, called Lake Norden, which I'm told means northern lake in Norwegian. We reside on one of the great lakes and have friends who work on the boats who ply those waters. Love them boats!

Last edited:
   / Hello from Norway #6  
   / Hello from Norway #7  
Welcome to the best Tractor and country living forum in the world!!! Norway has always fascinated me and high on my bucket list of places to see. Please share pictures of your tractors and land when you have the time, I'd love to see them!!

/ Hello from Norway #8  
God aften and welcome to TBN!

We had a Rotary Club exchange student live with us for a year from Volda, Norway (west coast). She has family in Tonsberg. She's now in college in Kristiansand. Loved having her and continue to love the pictures she sends. We hope to visit her and her family within the next 2 years or so.

/ Hello from Norway #9  
Welcome. Pics f your farm and horses would be great.

/ Hello from Norway #10  
Howdy.png

Howdy!!!!!

I am a retired engineer that is now a goat rancher.

I have the equivalent of 11 Hectares of land in Central Texas.

I worked with a number of Norwegians in the Houston, Texas area in the Oil Patch.