Hello from NH, it is delivery day today

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #1  

Kingsqueak

Bronze Member
Tractor
Husqvarna TS-354X Massey Ferguson 2607h
Hello from New Hampshire and thanks to the forum for all the information I buried myself in over a few months to help guide my decision for the tractor I picked. I'm pretty sure you all have saved me a lot of money and potential peril with so many common mistakes so easy to make. I look forward to discovering more of them as I go.

Today was delivery day :dance1: and the shopping list was.

Massey Ferguson 2607h
York RI Landscape rake
Materials bucket
HLA grapple and HLA pallet forks
Woods Brush Bull

Of course we just got nailed with several inches of rain yesterday so I'll have to sit and stare at it for a while lest I turn my property into a mud hole playing around.

el-tractor.jpg

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #2  
That is a good looking unit, many happy, productive hours in your future. Congrats!

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #3  
Welcome to the forum! Great looking equipment! Too bad it's raining on it, but you'll soon be having fun with your new toy... I mean tool!

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #4  
:welcome: Nice looking outfit. Enjoy it and be safe!

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #5  
Very nice tractor and great assortment of equipment for it too. This is certainly the place to be to find great information.

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today
Was out playing a bit, very happy with the power of it. Picked up a few 3' or so boulders no problem and knocked over a few small trees. I started to cut a trail entry point but it's just far too wet, will just make a giant mud hole if I kept going. Will have to be patient and wait for it to dry up and then rake out the mess I made LOL.

It will also be a ton easier to see what's on the ground once the leaves fall and things are dead so I'll probably wait on the trail stuff for a bit.

Will definitely take seat time to learn some finesse with the hydraulics but it's really no worse than a skid steer, just harder to see in front. Luckily I'm tall enough that I can see the sides of the grapple easily enough.

I was happy to find the power is similar to the Bobcat T550 I was playing with here for a bit as far as ability to knock over and uproot small trees, they both stall about the same and the grapple of course doesn't take as much dirt with it.

I picked up a few 30' or so sections of ash I have stacked waiting to buck down, with the loaded tires and the brush hog on, it holds them really easily and nice and stable.

Shuttle shift is a bit of a workout when doing a lot of close, small movements, but it's not as bad as I thought it might be and the old school mechanical nature of this model appealed to me.

The grapple has two separate clamping lids that are balanced by a valve for equal pressure. I wasn't sure on that choice but after fumbling with a few boulders that were sitting funny, I can see why now. It did well getting an odd grip on things to either carry or to pull around to set up better.

Happy I didn't go smaller right now, it has the grunt I expected it to have for what I need to do with it.

/ Hello from NH, it is delivery day today #7  
:tractor: :wave:

Congrats!