Hello from NC Mountains

/ Hello from NC Mountains
Not sure which tractor but, in terms of budget. Do your homework, shop it hard and then, double your budget! I too am a newby but have come to the conclusion tractors are like any boy toy, the cost of entry is just the beginning!

Think of a boat......

So far leaning towards a L3301 but who knows...

Trying not to let the budget get too carried away...I'll need to post up in the "Buying/Pricing/Comparisions" forum and get everyones thoughts. I do have some pretty decent hills on the property so leaning towards a heavier tractor and will likely try and option the axle/wheel spacers for stability.

/ Hello from NC Mountains #12  
So far leaning towards a L3301 but who knows...
I've been here long enough to say that TBN members will try and get you into an MX-5800 or at least a Grand L... (hey, it's not their money). L3301 is the same frame as the L2501 and the L3901; just different power. If you need more power for PTO use (mowers mainly). You don't get much more going with a L3301 vs. cheaper L2501. The hydraulics are the same and the 2 engines are very close in specs, except the L2501 is detuned down to only being able to put out 25 hp. (below the EPA needed emission junk).

Read up on the L2501; people running 5 foot mowers with no problem since there is plenty of torque @ the rated 2200 rpms. Welcome from Hillsville, VA.... (and sometimes, Raleigh, NC)

/ Hello from NC Mountains
I've been here long enough to say that TBN members will try and get you into an MX-5800 or at least a Grand L... (hey, it's not their money). L3301 is the same frame as the L2501 and the L3901; just different power. If you need more power for PTO use (mowers mainly). You don't get much more going with a L3301 vs. cheaper L2501. The hydraulics are the same and the 2 engines are very close in specs, except the L2501 is detuned down to only being able to put out 25 hp. (below the EPA needed emission junk).

Read up on the L2501; people running 5 foot mowers with no problem since there is plenty of torque @ the rated 2200 rpms. Welcome from Hillsville, VA.... (and sometimes, Raleigh, NC)

Thanks for the welcome and the insight. I would love an MX but not sure the wallet will allow it. Good info on the L2501, I'll have to look into that. I'm going to start a new post for tractor recs in the buying sub-forum.