Held new grand baby for nearly an hour.

/ Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Sunday we spent some time with our youngest daughter's family. Our newest grand (and positively the last) was born last Wednesday the 31st. So my wife held her, patting her bottom, for nearly a half hour. Then daughter needed help with something and I was delegated the task of holding the baby. Son in law and other grands were outside in the garden and I got to sit and cuddle with the little cutie. Every time we have had a child or a grandchild I have memories of the first time I sat and held them. Somehow that makes this unbreakable bond.......

AND if you want to earn brownie points with a daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin, etc. that has a new baby and is breast feeding I can tell you how. Go to your local grocery store or Sam's Club or whatever and get every kind of fruit they have. Take it to their house and wash, cut, prepare the fruit and put it in easily accessible containers. The new mother will greatly appreciate this. My deceased mother and I did this for all the new mothers in the family and it was greatly appreciated. They crave this fruit and I will have to refill the bowls in a few days.

RSKY

/ Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #2  
Grand baby cuddles are the best.

Our youngest grandson is two and a papa's boy. I love it when he comes over holding his jug (cup), climbs up into my lap and kicks back

Them patting your back while holding them is just the best

/ Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #3  
If you ever hold a baby and especially a grandbaby and not realize there is a God, I am sorry for you. They are a great blessing and how we can love them so much is beyond belief!

RSKY and Dftodd congratulation!

/ Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #4  
Emy.jpg

This taken a week ago. She was supposed to still be in the womb, but came early. So delicate.

I agree with the above mention of the creator, and thank "THE ABOVE"!

I have a good son that would let a fart like me hold such a gift.
;-)

/ Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #5  
Hard to beat new grandbaby. Congrats!

First grand son in 2016. My dad holding his Great grandson. My son on the left, me middle.. Four generations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606-095008.png
    Screenshot_20230606-095008.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
   / Held new grand baby for nearly an hour. #6  
Sunday we spent some time with our youngest daughter's family. Our newest grand (and positively the last) was born last Wednesday the 31st. So my wife held her, patting her bottom, for nearly a half hour. Then daughter needed help with something and I was delegated the task of holding the baby. Son in law and other grands were outside in the garden and I got to sit and cuddle with the little cutie. Every time we have had a child or a grandchild I have memories of the first time I sat and held them. Somehow that makes this unbreakable bond.......

AND if you want to earn brownie points with a daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin, etc. that has a new baby and is breast feeding I can tell you how. Go to your local grocery store or Sam's Club or whatever and get every kind of fruit they have. Take it to their house and wash, cut, prepare the fruit and put it in easily accessible containers. The new mother will greatly appreciate this. My deceased mother and I did this for all the new mothers in the family and it was greatly appreciated. They crave this fruit and I will have to refill the bowls in a few days.
https://bikerepic.com
RSKY
That sounds like a wonderful time spent with your youngest daughter's family and congratulations on the newest addition to your family! Holding a new baby and creating those special memories is indeed a bonding experience that can create a lasting connection.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful tip for supporting breastfeeding mothers. Providing a variety of freshly prepared fruit can be a nutritious and convenient snack option for them, as they often have increased nutritional needs during this time. It's a thoughtful gesture that shows your support and care for the new mother's well-being. Your tradition of doing this for new mothers in your family is a lovely way to extend your love and support during such a special time.

Enjoy the precious moments with your new grandchild and the joy that comes with being a part of their lives.